Remembering Angelo - Worst Avid Golfer in the World

Remembering Angelo - Worst Avid Golfer in the World

• 5336 points

You Tube video of a golf competition designed to find the worst avid golfer in the world -

AWESOME! -17th at Sawgrass - The courage of this guy...

•  

Pete, is there a link for this?

• 5336 points

BostonBuzza
    Pete, is there a link for this?

Here you go BostonBuzza - Worst avid golfer on the toughest golf course....

You Tube classic:

www.youtube.com/watch

• 3 points

This is hilarious! I think I could score higher than Angelo. 2:25 "What are you guys going to do when you get to number 17." ha.

• 2781 points

I remember seeing this before.  Even though it's funny he just enjoys being out there and that is really the true spirit of the sport.

• 5336 points

Fanjoy
    This is hilarious! I think I could score higher than Angelo. 2:25 "What are you guys going to do when you get to number 17." ha.

This piece is full of classic quotes - Love the "rules official" dinging him for moving drop out of a divot and his reaction - Wha? Tht'ts illegal? But it was in a HOLE!!!  Re-drop and with a mere 22 more strokes and he's aboard and putting!  Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules!!

Angelo is SUCH a sport - My hat is off to this very gracious man who clearly understands that humility beats ego each and every time...

•  

Nice guy but, he would be a nightmare on the course. Would your club even allow a guy like this on the course ? he would turn  3 or 4 hour rounds into 5 or 6 hour rounds for sure.

•  

RANDYWILDMAN
    Nice guy but, he would be a nightmare on the course. Would your club even allow a guy like this on the course ? he would turn  3 or 4 hour rounds into 5 or 6 hour rounds for sure.

Would you imagine playing with him? I believe 6 hours wouldn't be enough.

•  

Lusogolf
    RANDYWILDMANNice guy but, he would be a nightmare on the course. Would your club even allow a guy like this on the course ? he would turn  3 or 4 hour rounds into 5 or 6 hour rounds for sure.

Would you imagine playing with him? I believe 6 hours wouldn't be enough.

No, I'm nice but I would leave him find a way home or at least make him pick up after 2 or three stokes :(

• 5336 points

I recall reading a long time ago about a European course that required golfers to prove their competency before they were allowed on the course. A "driving test" if you will, administered by a golfing authority consisting of "proving" you can get the ball to and into the hole from something like 150 yards out in a maximum number of shots. If you cannot "pass" you play on the driving  range or practice course until you can pass..

i honestly don't recall where I read this, but it makes sense if the course ownership is committed to offering a quality golfing experience to those who play AND a venue for new golfers to learn and imporve thier games.

• 2956 points

pistolpete
    I recall reading a long time ago about a European course that required golfers to prove their competency before they were allowed on the course. A "driving test" if you will, administered by a golfing authority consisting of "proving" you can get the ball to and into the hole from something like 150 yards out in a maximum number of shots. If you cannot "pass" you play on the driving  range or practice course until you can pass..

i honestly don't recall where I read this, but it makes sense if the course ownership is committed to offering a quality golfing experience to those who play AND a venue for new golfers to learn and imporve thier games.

I played with a couple of people from Sweden a few years ago who stated that new golfers must prove competency, and knowledge of the rules before being allowed to play on a regular golf course: Good Idea.

•  

"Still beats going to work" priceless

•  

Thanks Pistol for sharing that Vid. Makes me feel a lot better now!

• 5336 points

After listening to the news of equipment switches for zillion dollar contracts, Angelo brings back a certain authentic fervor and passion to the game - the real reason to play!