Forums

Epic Meltdown by the U.S.at the Ryder cup

•  

Phil lost to three great putts by Justin Rose. The thumbs up was sportsmanship at its finest.

• 3852 points

RANDYWILDMAN
    golfdoc1Watch out for Polter from now on...he's gonna feel like he can beat anyone

Just don't see it. he can't match the intensity for a 4 day tournament. his demeanor on tour is quite different.

RANDYWILDMAN
    golfdoc1Watch out for Polter from now on...he's gonna feel like he can beat anyone

Just don't see it. he can't match the intensity for a 4 day tournament. his demeanor on tour is quite different.

He doesn't need intensity to last 4 days, he needs confidence that pushes him. This is the guy who thought he was #2 to Tiger Woods back when Tiger was clearly #1. Poulter has the game, can putt well, and has always had confidence, as shown by his manner and his flashy clothing. He was being held up as the star of the show. Again--this may be just what he needs to give him

the jolt  to the next level of play.  

At the same time, I would not be surprised to see Jim Furyk begin a steady decline down the money list. He blew some important events this year and the multiple blows may be enough to knock him out.

•  

I see nothing wrong if your opponemt makes a good shot to congratulate him. In fact it is often especially in other sports sadly lacking.

•  

bholley
    I see nothing wrong if your opponemt makes a good shot to congratulate him. In fact it is often especially in other sports sadly lacking.

i agree.  phil didn't lose, Rose took it.  and Phil showed real class in defeat.  he really moved up a couple spots in my book.