Forums

Pavin's Hawaii hickup

•  

I was really surprised that Corey Pavin didn't know the rule when he accidently hit his ball practicing his putting stroke.  Here's a veteran Pro, Ryder Cup player, and Captain.    Simple enough rule.   

•  

He simply lost his "mind" in that single instance of tim. Loss of understanding and relavance happens.

-ICONs for All

•  

I am with you.  He is a pro and should know the rules inside and out. But if you watch on tour all they do is call an official to tell them what to do.  The Carolina's Golf Association has rules seminars every year at numerous locations. A great refresher. Maybe Corey ought o drop in on one.

•  

Unfortunately he is not the only one.

I play week in week out with guys who simply have no clue.

Now I don't profess to be an expert by any means but surely regular players should know simple rules like where to drop from water hazards, GUR, etc and what happens when you go out of bounds ... but I can only go by experience and say the vast majority just don't.

OZ-Crocman

•  

Yes, he plays for a living and should know the rule's. nobody's perfect though. I am still holding  the 2010 Ryder cup rain suit debacle against him though :)

•  

RANDYWILDMAN

Yes, he plays for a living and should know the rule's. nobody's perfect though. I am still holding  the 2010 Ryder cup rain suit debacle against him though :)

"Rain suits"; only one of the issues from RC '10!!!

- Ask the captain's assistants for input not your wife....

-ICONs for All

•  

thomas alston iii

RANDYWILDMAN

"Rain suits"; only one of the issues from RC '10!!!

- Ask the captain's assistants for input not your wife....

-ICONs for All

Thomas you are right. Pavin messed up a lot at the RC 10, I just wanted this thread to be mostly about his current mistakes...

•  

Brain Fart I guess.  I am sure he knows the rules, but just lost it for a second.