Forums

US FAVOURITES FOR RYDER CUP?

•  

Done the research and the US on home soil look to be very formidable.

However Europe has won 4 of the last 5 but only one of those in US - 2004 Oakland Hills.

Currently the US has players ranked   2 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 11 /12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 19 and 27

and Europe has players ranked           1 / 3 / 4 / 9 / 17 /18 / 24 /26 / 29 /30 / 32  and 35

Who will prevail?

Not sure but personally would be fantastic to see it go down the wire with result hanging on McIllroy v Woods on final day.

But it should be great contest and I don't want to get too greedy.

OZ-Crocman

•  

As european I wish Europe to win. Anyway this is an event where everything can happen and all can be decided on the last hole, i believe statistics don't work well for this.

•  

If in the Four ball the U.S. is even or better, They most likely win. If the other guys play well they win. If the U.S. players play their normal game they most likely win. If they Euro's play great team ball they win. 

The real question, are we going to see special New styles and colors on the Footjoy Ryder cup guys from both sides?

• 1495 points

I dont think that rankings really matter when it comes to match or the ryder cup. any one player can have an extremely good/bad day. That being said I think both sides have players who handle pressure better and those that don't. But one player I do expect to see play well is Rory, If he keeps on this tear that he is on, its gonna be tough for anyone even Tiger to beat him in match play. Should be a very exciting couple of days to watch.

•  

Croc, clearly you have put some time into this. With DL3 holding the team together and a team full of confidence playing on home soil, I am going with the US.