Forums

Congrats Nick Watney, Barclays winnner ! Is he a wild card pick for the ryder cup ?

•  

Great tournament ! good solid putting and he would be a good pick , but I don't think David would pick him.

•  

Would be a nice addition to the team, all up to the Captain for sure.  He was solid, didn't lose focus, and played his best game tee to green.

•  

Yeah he played well this week and has a pretty good record in the big events.

Another big week may make it impossible to overlook him.

Furyk and Mahan look to be struggling and some very interesting results this week.

Don't envy Love's position at all because at least a couple of players are going to be very, very  dissapointed.

OZ-Crocman

•  

I don't know how Medinah will be set up, but they can make it long.  Watney is plenty long enough, so he would be a good fit.  I don't think Furyk should make it.  He and Mahan have been slumping hard since the US Open.  Fowler and Striker haven't been playing that great either.  I would rather take hot golfers into the event.  I would take Watney and Johnson with two of the picks.

•  

memphisunited

I don't know how Medinah will be set up, but they can make it long.  Watney is plenty long enough, so he would be a good fit.  I don't think Furyk should make it.  He and Mahan have been slumping hard since the US Open.  Fowler and Striker haven't been playing that great either.  I would rather take hot golfers into the event.  I would take Watney and Johnson with two of the picks.

True, if they make it long. DJ, Watney, Stricker and Fowler. Fowler played well this week but had a couple of DB that really hurt his chances.

• 5683 points

While Nick Watney won the tournament, he did have a couple of shaky moments down the stretch - His second shot on 16, a 9 iron he decelerated on leaving him a trip to the beach and ensuing bogey was classic nerves.. An nervous aberration?  While he came back nicely in the last two holes, will his nerves handle the far larger stage of international competition at the Ryder Cup? What fun to be picking players for the Ryder Cup! Good luck Davis Love III