Forums

LPGA Tour

•  
    Does anyone else follow the LPGA Tour? Some great golf, great swings, and some of the ladies aren't bad either ..... to me it seems so much less elitist to me... Fairways Greens and One Putts.
  •  

I dont watch the lpga tour that much but when I do they are always focusing on Yani Tseng and I do like her but they need to have a bigger focus on the other players

•  

I agree with Paul.  Another thing to consider is that many of the ladies' games are more similar to most of ours than the PGA Tour pros' games are.  The ladies are not as long and many of them do not have the stopping power of the male pros, especially out of the rough.  I like to watch for course management and the like.  of course, spreading the coverage around helps, as well.  How else do you learn about the different golfers on either Tour.

•  

I always watch the LPGA, when it is on TV. The problem is it doesn't get much TV coverage. 

I also volunteer at LPGA tournaments when they are in the NY area. I already signed up for the 2013 U.S. Women's Open. 

•  

Not an avid follower. Will watch occasionally if no other golf on TV.

Not sure I understand why you think it less elitist though.

Obvioulsy they don't play for anywhere near the $ the men are getting now but assume that is purely based on sponsorship dollars attracted.

OZ-Crocman

•  

I have been watching lately and I like what I see :) They mostly hit shots I can play on the course. 

•  

I like to watch it at times.  My dad asked me why, and like pulplvr, I said, their game is closer to most guys I play with, but I don't include me, because the lady pros are way better, of course.

One amazing player was the winner at the 2012 Evian Masters, just recently.  I think her name is Inbee Park.  I've never seen anything more solid and grace in women's golf.

•  

Don't care for the LPGA much.  I would rather watch the Champion's Tour than any other golf.  But, by all means enjoy it all you want.