Forums

Why does the Barclays tournament not have a home course ?

•  

I like how they move it around, but I wonder if it should have a home course or not ?

Bethpage is a tough course for a tour event even if it's a playoff.

•  

By no means an expert here but imagine Barclays are happy moving the tournament around to increase exposure. Sure they could find a permanent home if they really wanted.

Will be interesting to see the scoring as imagine it will not be set up to US Open configurations.

Will they eat it up? ... sure it's long but if it's soft it may be gettable.

OZ-Crocman

• 4617 points

This time around Bethpage should humble a few golfers. Weather looks like it is fantastic - no rain  - and the greens are in amazing shape. The defense of the Black course has always been fast greens - They have subtle breaks in many of the surfaces that only really come out when the greens are running fast - Add in the standard afternoon sea breeze out of the southwest, and many of the back nine holes  - 11, 12, 13, 16, and even the par 3 17th become more than long holes...No need to gimmick up the rough - let'em take chances and see what happens! For my money, the par 4 5th hole is a brute - a long uphill second shot to a blind putting surface...Niiiice!!

•  

I'm volunteering at The Barclays, this week. The rough is not US Open rough. 

• 674 points

CROCMAN

By no means an expert here but imagine Barclays are happy moving the tournament around to increase exposure. Sure they could find a permanent home if they really wanted.

Will be interesting to see the scoring as imagine it will not be set up to US Open configurations.

Will they eat it up? ... sure it's long but if it's soft it may be gettable.

OZ-Crocman

You got it 100 percent, foreign bank-foreign domestic exposure in as many areas as possible.  And in 2012 Barclay's needs all the positive feedback they can get, especially in North America.

•  

I dont think that they should keep it in one place I think that it should stay the same as it is

•  

Not many course want to host a big time tournament on a regular bases. I know some do on regular tour events. But this is a playoff.  And getting the top 125 is pretty important, not many get that.  Besides moving it around does not favor one player over another.