Forums

Strange But True - Trophy Trashing

• 538 points

Tim Clark, Carl Pettersson, and Mark Turnessa (spelling?) shared a house while attending North Carolina State.  Tim Clark turned pro first

and promptly won 2 tournaments in Canada.  He left the trophies in the custody of his two roommates when he went off to play in his

next event.  After consuming a substantial amount of alcohol, Carl and Mark wondered if the trophies were fireproof.   They decided to

answer the question by actually throwing the trophies in the fireplace to see if they would burn.  Remarkably enough, they were still

friends after Tim's return and another party.  

• 5031 points

It is Turnesa - Marc comes from a golfing rich family stretching back many, many years at the highest levels of the game. As for the "antics" of Turnesa and Pettersson, let's conclude that drinking heavily has never been a solid strategy for making solid judgments and decisions of any kind...  

Where is Tim Clark these days?? I haven't seen him on camera..

•  

NC state where golfers party like rock star's ! Who knew ?

•  

PINKIE

Tim Clark, Carl Pettersson, and Mark Turnessa (spelling?) shared a house while attending North Carolina State.  Tim Clark turned pro first

and promptly won 2 tournaments in Canada.  He left the trophies in the custody of his two roommates when he went off to play in his

next event.  After consuming a substantial amount of alcohol, Carl and Mark wondered if the trophies were fireproof.   They decided to

answer the question by actually throwing the trophies in the fireplace to see if they would burn.  Remarkably enough, they were still

friends after Tim's return and another party.  

Heard this on Golf Channel this morning.... Absolutly hilarious! but you would think Ferhity would have done somthing like that....

•  

pistolpete

It is Turnesa - Marc comes from a golfing rich family stretching back many, many years at the highest levels of the game. As for the "antics" of Turnesa and Pettersson, let's conclude that drinking heavily has never been a solid strategy for making solid judgments and decisions of any kind...  

Where is Tim Clark these days?? I haven't seen him on camera..

Tim Clark is T2, at the Wyndam, this week.

•  

At least they didn't do anything to his toothbrush.

• 674 points

bholley

At least they didn't do anything to his toothbrush.

clark, petterson or dufner ftw

•  

Who says they didn't? You would have, right? ;-) I know I would have.

•  

Boys will be boys.....

•  

Funny story, I am sure it took some time to get over that one.  At least he cashed his checks before he went to the tourney.

•  

Tipping these two rocket scientists struggled to graduate.

Not many things are fireproof in this world. Amazing what goes through one's head when youv'e had a couple too many isn't it.

Nice to know he doesn't hold a grudge ... maybe it was a regular ritual for these guys in their college years. Any dorms burnt down in their time?

Boys will be boys I guess.

OZ-Crocman.