Forums

Player of the Year

• 599 points

I think Rory has a leg up right now but if Tiger pulls off the Fed Ex Cup he has to be it.

•  

miguelj20

Agree it has to be Rory...not only with two majors but two majors that were both records as far as shots over the rest of the field.

Only one Major this year....

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Could not agree with you more Pinkie!!!  Rors will bring it home and well deserved.

• 674 points

Rory is a lock unless tiger wins the fed ex cup

• 678 points

Rory at this point. If tiger wins FedEx I'll go w him. The major holds more weight as of now for me
  •  

Looks like a lock for Rory now after double playoff wins.

Howevere can TW put a spanner in the works by winning the Tour Championship and also FED EX Cup and ... even if he does will that be enough to displace young Mister McIllroy?

Very tight but think not.

OZ-Crocman

• 674 points

CROCMAN

Looks like a lock for Rory now after double playoff wins.

Howevere can TW put a spanner in the works by winning the Tour Championship and also FED EX Cup and ... even if he does will that be enough to displace young Mister McIllroy?

Very tight but think not.

OZ-Crocman

yea, i think even if that happens it's still Rory

•  

I am thinking this Irish kid Rory just won it yesterday all that's left is the voting.

•  

Case Closed!

-ICONs for ALL

• 2947 points

RANDYWILDMAN

I am thinking this Irish kid Rory just won it yesterday all that's left is the voting.

Randy,

Randy, I agree Rory pretty much has a lock on the POY, but hey, if you were from Boston you would get the difference between Irish and Northern Irish: Different countries.

• 1330 points

This is kinda how I'm thinking, but even if Tiger wins the FedEx cup If he doesn't win the Tour Championship Rory has to be a shoe in.
  •  

it this the difference ?

Northern Ireland = British

Republic of Ireland = Irish

don't know that Rory has decided who he is for. When asked about the olympic's he said he could play for both. If he plays for the Brit's he's no longer Irish though.

I know a few people from Boston and they never talked about Ireland.

My Grandfather was 100 percent Irish born in Dublin but he never lived there and grew up in the U.S.

Rory is player of the year, by far.

But I think Snedeker is winning the Fex ex cup 10 million.

•  
    Definately Rors. Three wins out of last four events against pretty strong fields. He is my choice!
  •  

Gotta go with Rory.  He's won from behind, he's won from way in front.  

Deno

•  

Well thought Rory was pretty much a lock anyway but no doubt now that TW failed to win the Tour Championship/Fed Ex Cup double which was the only way he could have made a late run.

Phenomenal year by Rory and really Tiger too (considering) so very much looking forward to seeing how they go next year.

Rory will now play Ryder Cup then guessing may play a couple of tournaments in Europe and attempt the Race to Dubai double to see if he can top both money titles and match Luke Donald's efforts of last year.

OZ-Crocman