Forums

New Titleist 710 line

•  

nickpoz

I hit the new Ap2s last week and like the minor changes.  Im so happy with my current APs im not sure if Ill be chagning or not.  Im sure I will eventually :)

My thoughts exactly...  I couldn't tell any major change with the "old" AP2s and the 710 AP2s.  I'm sure they will find a way into the bag sometime in the next year...

•  

The AP line is pretty easy to hit. You should go try them, I think that you might be surprised.

•  

I'm hitting the 735.CMs right now and like how they perform.  Any thoughts on what would be similar in the new sets or what would be comparable? Would it be the AP2s?  I might use something that produces a little higher ball flight.  Any thoughts?

•  

I would suggest a blend set of the MB and CB line.  Take the CB for the longer irons and the MB for the short irons.

Other than that, the AP2 line is great and I would highly recommend it.

•  

I would think that you would like the AP2 line. I suggest that you find the nearest Titleist Fitting Center and give them a try. They can change out different shafts and lie angle heads to find the right ones for you.

You will hit you current club and get it measured with a launch monitor, then try a number of different new clubs. With the launch monitor they will be able to adjust the clubs for what you are looking for.

•  

EMKelly0106

I would suggest a blend set of the MB and CB line.  Take the CB for the longer irons and the MB for the short irons.

Other than that, the AP2 line is great and I would highly recommend it.

i notice that you're the only one mentioning the CB line. the head design really resembles my (forgive mentioning cleveland on an acushnet site) cleveland CG2's. i've never played a full blade iron, but this crossover style seems to give me the best of both worlds. you get both forgivness and there is workability to these irons.  i love mine and anyone who wants to get away from that full cavity back and go towards blades might make the CB line the option to go to.

•  

I agree, I think the CB line gives you the best of both worlds.  It's a forgiving iron with the blade-like look.  From the address position, you wouldn't know if you're hitting the MB or CB, the top profile is very similar and for the average player, the cavity will help you a lot.  With the MB line, you have to hit pretty solid shots, if you are one of those who regularly miss the sweet spot (like 95% of golfers), I'd suggest the AP1/2 or CB model.

For the player using the 735's I'd think the easiest transition would be to the CB/MB blend set.  Much like the zb/zm blends you see on tour, just with the new 710 line.

•  

To those come in a blended set (like the 735.CM)?

•  

memphisunited

To those come in a blended set (like the 735.CM)?

I would assume you could make it happen.  Get fitted and tell them you are looking for a blended set of the CM and MB.  They can make it happen, they will retail at the same price so it shouldn't make a big difference either way.

•  

E - Thanks for the info.  That's probably what I'll do when I get into a new set of irons.

•  

19, I am definitely going to try out the new AP line.  I also am going to have them fitted if I decide to buy them this next season. I may be over the hill to some, but my love of the game is  still strong and I can still hit a driver 260 to 280. No too bad for someone my age according to our loccal pro.

• 534 points

The AP2s are great irons. I'm glad I bought those instead of the TaylorMade TP and the Ping I10.