Forums

So who's NEXT???

•  

There are already plenty of young guns on tour that have been there for a year or two, and a few more just coming out of the college and amateur ranks right now - out of ANY you can think of, who is the real deal?

I'll go first - Ricky Fowler looks to be the real deal.  Watched him a bunch last week at the NW tour event in Columbus, and his ball striking was noticeably better than many of the NW regulars.

•  

I'm going to say that Michael Sims is the real deal.  I think he'll make it big on the PGA Tour.

•  

Look for Chris Wood to contend in the near future.  His showing at the Open Championship is a taste of what is to come IMO.

Tim

•  

Have to agree with Sims, seen him play a few times on the TV and he just has "the look" when he is on the front page of the leader board.

•  

I also like Chris Wood. At the Open nobody really knew who he was. I followed him during a practice round and I can tell you he is a great ball striker. His final result that week backs that up.

•  

We're happy to say that both Michael Sim and Chris Wood are wearing FJ.  I found a couple of recent images and they too have put FJ ICON into play.  

Michael Sim in style #52005

Chris Wood in style #52146

It will be interesting to see what type of impact they make on the PGA and European Tour respectively.

• 245 points

Sim and Wood are great young representatives for Footjoy!

•  

I love that style that Sims is wearing.  That's my next pair of shoes.  Thanks for the pics.  

•  

I am going to say all 3 are great choices.  I think Wood is going to add some flare to the wardrobe and be quite the fashionable player.

Love the FJ that Wood is wearing.  Was the first one that really caught my eye when I saw the ICON line.

Is Fowler sponsored by PUMA or is the deal with POLO golf still in affect?  I saw him decked out in PUMA lately.

•  

I think in the next couple of years Ross Fischer will win a major.  He seemed to be a contenter at all the majors this year.

•  

caddy13

I think in the next couple of years Ross Fischer will win a major.  He seemed to be a contenter at all the majors this year.

He is up there today, but it is hard to catch a man who is 4 strokes ahead of you and doesn't have those nerves that will get him off his game!  I thought he was going to make a real surge yesterday and light up the field... granted he lit up the field but TW didn't give him much assistance.