Forums

DUFFNER AND FOOTJOY WIN

•  

great to see him win.  after a few close calls, he needed to pull one out to help his confidence.  would have liked to see Ernie win, but still happy for Jason.

•  

NCBob

The most unemotional golfer with no personality on the course.  Great game but thats it, he just doesn't do it for me.  FootJoy showed more with this win than Dufner.

that doesn't bother me at all.  i'd rather see a guy be focused on the job and not blow up after a shot than see a guy throwing his clubs and cursing.  if i want to see that, i'll go to the local muni and watch the drunk guys play.

•  

Could care lessa bout his personality, the guy sacked it up and got the job done, congrats.. Besides, his soon-to-be wife will keep him happy!

• 2739 points

If Ernie was going to lose at least he lost to an FJ guy who pulled off some solid shots under pressure. Great win Jason !

•  

Dufner might not be the most charismatic player on TOUR, but he's got a ton of heart.  To take losses like he has in stride, keep fighting, and come up to win against the Big Easy (who desperately wanted a win) says something more than words can.  Good work Dufner.

• 627 points

Ice Water.

Jason pulled some clutch golf shots the three goes he ahd at 18 Sunday.  He left himself in near perfect postion for goes at the green on the first and second playoff holes after nearly giving up the goat on the 72nd due to the awkward stance just outside the bunker.

If you had to pick a player to go head to hed against in a two hole playoff for your first PGA Tour win who would pick Ernie Els?

Lastly, let me put on my Superintendant/Architect hat for a moment yet again.  How differently, and how much better, would 18 have played had the fairway bunkers not been buried ten yards in the rough.  Make them a true hazard and prevoke thought off the tee, skin the grass down to fairway height so that balls funnel into them and not get mercifully hung in the weak rough a few yards short.  How much do you value that flatter lie along the left side when the meanacing maws of those bunkers are agape ready to swallow the lazily executed drive?

Kudos again to Mr. Dufner.  And big props to FJ for showing well yet again.

• 3627 points

Congrats to Duff.

•  

Happy to see JDuffner wins it!

•  

JRTiger97

NCBob

The most unemotional golfer with no personality on the course.  Great game but thats it, he just doesn't do it for me.  FootJoy showed more with this win than Dufner.

Yeah you're right, he would be much better to watch if he would throw clubs, use profanity, etc. on the course.  Oh wait, there's already at least one guy out there that does those things.  I'm not watching to see "emotion" or "personality".  I'm watching to to see quality golf shots and Duffner hits a ton of those.

Not my point, how about that big par save putt, and no reaction, zilch.  I would like a little something to get the crowd in behind him. It is entertainment plain and simple. 

• 440 points

I was glad to Dufner win although I'd really like to see Ernie start putting!  If he could putt he would have won twice this year....GO FJ