Forums

DUFFNER AND FOOTJOY WIN

•  

CONGRATS TO JASON DUFFNER FOR HIS FIRST PGA VICTORY.

FOOTJOY WINS AGAIN.

•  

Yes, He finally got the prize at the end of the rainbow. This time it looked like he really had things under control. Evidently he was able to conquer the nerves.

•  

Yep, I'm so happy for Jason. He sure payed his dues!

•  

The most unemotional golfer with no personality on the course.  Great game but thats it, he just doesn't do it for me.  FootJoy showed more with this win than Dufner.

•  

nice win for a great young player. Now Fowler just needs to step up and win.

•  
    Glad he finally got over the hump!!! If he would've list in a play off again who knows if he would ever break through!
  •  

Great to see Dufner get one in the win column.  Also didn't hurt that I had him on my fantasy team!  :)

•  

Love his game. No nonsense and honest. He admitted numerous times that he wasn't able to finish but still said that if he keeps putting himself in good spots he will break through. He deserved a win.

To top it all off he is getting married next weekend. Congrats to him and his future wife!

• 1539 points

Love the he plays really happy he won.
  •  

Great Win!!! Congratulations Jason

We just love the drama of the Eagle opportunity to "seal the deal"...

Another great weekend for FJ

Donald was sols 3rd and moves back to WGR #1.....

-ICONs for ALL

• 351 points

Anybody know what shafts he was using in his FW and HYB?

•  
    nitnygolfryan

Anybody know what shafts he was using in his FW and HYB?

I believe it was a Diamana ilima in his three wood. Could not say for certain if the same shaft was in his hybrid.

• 2207 points

NCBob

The most unemotional golfer with no personality on the course.  Great game but thats it, he just doesn't do it for me.  FootJoy showed more with this win than Dufner.

Yeah you're right, he would be much better to watch if he would throw clubs, use profanity, etc. on the course.  Oh wait, there's already at least one guy out there that does those things.  I'm not watching to see "emotion" or "personality".  I'm watching to to see quality golf shots and Duffner hits a ton of those.

• 1784 points

I was very happy to see him win.  After the close calls, he deserved to win.  An example for those of us wanting to reach a new goal.

•  

NCBob

Granted, Dufner is very unemotional on the course, but he may just be an introverted kind of guy.  I'm not aware of him cursing, throwing/kicking clubs, or just generally complaining about bad shots - so I think that's a positive to watch.  I wouldn't slam the guy because of his personality on the course.  He might have a great personality off the course with his buddies.  I doubt the TOUR is going to do any promotions around Dufner, but he's probably okay with that.