Forums

How will Bubba do this week?

• 1787 points

Any thoughts on how Bubba Watson will do this week, given the increased activity after his masters victory?  I believe he might be a bit jittery.  While I always root for the guy, he seems to be a nervous type of guy. 

•  

Every move he now makes will be under the watchful eye of the media and the world. 

His galleries will be larger and more boisterous then before, "Go BUBBA!' "Get in the hole" on par 4's and the ever present "mashed potatoes" will be commonplace.  

It will be hard to manage all of the new demands bestowed upon him.  But the guy is flat out talented, he is tremendously fun to watch, and I hope his excellent play continues for our viewing pleasure!

Furthermore, if you did not understand the "mashed potatoes" remark...

•  

He definitely has "Game" so I am betting he will do well (defending champion)...

-ICONs for ALL

•  

i hope he repeats as champion.  but honestly, i don't see him playing the best.  it will depend on how he has handled his success the past couple weeks and if he was able to practice during that time.  combine a masters win and a new baby and i don't see a lot of practice time available.

• 1539 points

Top ten
  •  

Devin gives a good point.

I hope he does well.

•  
    Jwill203
    Top ten
    I would say top 5
  •  

I hope Bubba can go out and have fun being under the microscope.  If he is having fun he will do well.

• 380 points

definitely top 10 and a win is not out of the question.  He's obviously played well there before and is on top of his game.

•  

He's playing as the 'defending champ' but was 6 shots off the lead last I heard...His own words define him playing physically but exhausted and mentaly not there...He may not win based on all the new and exciting distracions in his life but he should place in the top ten....

• 440 points

24th, :) I looked in my crystal (golf) ball...

•  

since I'm reading this for the first time today and its sunday...i'll say he barely makes cut and just enjoys himself...how'd I do??

•  

He made the cut and played the weekend (made a check...) He was mentally and emotionally drained from Post-Masters Victory Tour syndrome :-)

-ICONs for ALL