Forums

Scotty Cameron Weight Changing??

• 3627 points

What's wrong with throwing some lead tape on the sole first to see if you like the feel first?

•  

I CHANGED MY 15s TO 20's THE OTHER DAY BECAUSE I WAS SHORT ON ALMOST EVERY PUTT.

DON'T KNOW IF IT IS GOING TO HELP BECAUSE I PULLED A MUSCLE(?) IN MY NECK AND HAVE NOT PLAYED SINCE.

REALLY EASY TO CHANGE. I GOT A TOOL AND THE WTS ON EBAY FOR $22 INCL. FRT. BUT IT TOOK A WHILE TO GET THEM THAT CHEAP.

I'LL POST THE RESULTS IF I CAN GET BACK ON THE COURSE.

• 5065 points

Finally got around to changing/trying this out. Bought the Superman weights/tool off of ebay. First off I just realised that I only ordered 1 weight instead of 2 -- oops. Anyway, just tried to the tool and removed one weight with no issues. The other one, in the heel, isn't budging at all. In fact the pegs on the tool that i purchased seem to bend and one fell out!  Doh!

I was trying to go to 15's from 20's because I increased the length and wanted to see if there was much of a difference. Anyway, I'll soak it with some lubricant and see if it loosens up. Once thing I did notice was a good bit of sand coming out of the one side I was able to remove.

•  

I alway take mine to the shop and have it changed.  Have been told that there is a seal and if it is broken that Scotty will not stand behind the putters.  I changed mine from a 10 to a 15 and was till coming up short and realized that I was not squaring my face to the ball.  Now the ball runs very true and on line and most of the time in the hole.  Being off square a little can make a difference.

I like a heavier putter.