Forums

Scotty Cameron Weight Changing??

• 1495 points

Just curious if any one has ever had the weights in their Scotty Cameron changed? Have you done it on your own or sent it to the company to have done? If you've done it yourself was there anything that was required besides a tool to make the change? Any negative effects on your putter? I own a Scotty Cameron California Del Mar with 10 gram weights and wanting to switch to 20 gram weights instead. Any input would be appreciated!!!

•  

Big weight change could throw the whole balance of the club out of wack. Good luck.

• 1495 points

Well I successfully got them installed and put my finger about a quarter of the way up from the putter and it balanced fine so hopefully I didn't screw it up....but need to test it on the course tomorrow.

•  
    Not difficult. You don't really need to know anything special or any special tools. Ebayers will try to have you buy the "tool" but all you truly need is a set of needle nose pliers. Shouldn't cause too much greif. Good luck.
  •  

That's a pretty good weight change.  

My midslant has 15 gram weights.

TT

• 1495 points

Great Idea! Never even thought of that one! Spent a good couple of hours last night trying to fashion a tool out of wood and five nails in the pattern on the holes on the weight. 

• 1495 points

I think the weight change actually balanced out the putter. I have a superstroke slim grip on it which made the putter handle heavy. It's weight is 65g I believe and now with the 40 grams in the putter plus the weight of the putter itself, its pretty well balanced.

•  

I have heavier weights in my Scotty Squareback and love the feel of the heavier putter head. I tried it back to the original weight on the first couple of rounds and just did not like the feel as much.

never thought of the needle nose pliers though, good tip.

•  

I would not ever want to see Eric with "needle nose Pliers" in his hands. A surgeon he is not....

Just sayin'.

•  

I was wondering if you can remove the weights with a spike wrench.

•  

miguelj20

Just curious if any one has ever had the weights in their Scotty Cameron changed? Have you done it on your own or sent it to the company to have done? If you've done it yourself was there anything that was required besides a tool to make the change? Any negative effects on your putter? I own a Scotty Cameron California Del Mar with 10 gram weights and wanting to switch to 20 gram weights instead. Any input would be appreciated!!!

It is a piece of cake!  Just purchase a special tool on scottycameron.com and you can change weights as often as you like.  There are also third party generic wrench's online but they are not always reliable and sometimes break.  JAT

•  

Just keep in mind changing weight without changing length can really screw with the balance of you putter.  I've changed the weights and lengths a couple of times.  It's really easy with the SC tool.  Just roll a few on the carpet before you take it to you money game, it feels totally different.  

• 1495 points

I tried to remove them using a spike removal tool and its just not wide enough. But the needle nose pliers worked out great for me. I think my putter now has pretty good weight and balance. I like my putters to be a bit on the heavier side, but not to heavy. So I think I found the right balance, only time will tell!

•  
    I haven't because I don't have a Scotty Cameron putter
  •  

If you don't have the replacement weights, you either have to buy them off of someone who has extras or send your putter into the Custom Shop....Scotty doesn't sell the weights on their own without sending in your putter.  You can change them out with a Scotty weight removal tool, or you can try your own do-it-yourself.  Oddly enough, I have two weight removal tools and have yet to remove any of the weights in my putter!