Forums

Luke forgot to carry the two?

•  

I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but it seems like Luke signed an incorrect score card.  That's a huge mistake, especially in the Masters. I hope it's not something that gets him the DQ...

•  

I thought that was an auto DQ?  I think its a stupid rule with scorers walking behind them!

•  

If he signed for a higher score on the card, he accepts the score, if it is lower than DQ is automatic.  The player is not responsible for addition of his score.

• 2180 points

I understand mistakes do happen... But if this is true, how does you or your caddy not do a quick double check on the scores before signing and turning it in. I've done this in tournaments since I was a kid. 

•  

Looks like it was much to do about nothing.  Apparently the TV people got Luke's score wrong and Luke got it right.  World #1 is still in the field at Augusta.  Looks like he did pay attention in elementary school after all.

•  
    joshgiano

Looks like it was much to do about nothing.  Apparently the TV people got Luke's score wrong and Luke got it right.  World #1 is still in the field at Augusta.  Looks like he did pay attention in elementary school after all.

That is good and TNT signing the wrong score is an automatic DQ
  •  

supposedly there was a smudge on the fax that was sent to the scorers and they thought a 5 was a 3. 

but that raises 2 questions, first, why the heck is the masters faxing scorecards??  IBM is a title sponsor for crying out loud.  they can't scan to email?  or walk the card to where it needs to be?  augusta national isn't that big.

second, this sounds fishy to me.  it's probably on the level, but it sounds fishy that everything is pointing to a DQ and then all of a sudden it's a fax error.  just a little odd.

•  

I think TV interferes too much with golf.  Not all players are televised and all these nuts calling in so called rules infractions.  One thing about golf is the level of integrity.  The players police themselves and each other.  Then you have stupid announcers filling their pie hole with garbage talk and suppositions.

•  

All players have their good and bad times. This is a bad time to Luke, maybe there is a curse to the #1 ranking.