Forums

Kyle Stanley - Work Ethic

•  

We have all seen Mr. Stanley this year, most will remember the loss at Torrey and the comeback win the very next week.  However, it could have been the 300 yard 3 woods he casually hits, maybe the European trousers and steely glare?  There is certainly more then meets the eye with this guy, his work ethic is unmatched out on the PGA Tour and it is finally paying dividends. 

Gary Van Sickle wrote a great article on the young man here enjoy!

•  

Great insight into this kids routines.  I would like to see him rise up in the rankings and challenge the "top players"

TT

•  

Kyle Stanley showed a ton of class in his defeat.  And to come back the next week and win was the story of the season so far for me.  I hope he does well in the majors.  I think he definitely has the game to win a few in his career.

• 3627 points

He put on 35 pounds of muscle in three years in college (where there are plenty of distractions!)...that's impressive. Good to see he's doing well and the hard work is paying off.

•  

hard work always pays off.  good to get that out.  the more kids that read it, the better.

•  

If all is correct and the insight given by Bobka is right on, he could be the next great player to come on the scene. I'll reserve judgement until I see more of his performance, but he does look good.

Thanks for the article Devin

•  

Excellent story. I like to hear about guys working hard to reach their goals.

•  
    He has good work ethic
  •  

tdogg21

hard work always pays off.  good to get that out.  the more kids that read it, the better.

This is the truth...Difference is that most want the perks without the work/sweat and tears....(privileged class)

Thanks for sharing this Devin..

-ICONs for ALL

•  

Devin, thanks for sharing. That's a very interesting story. It's nice to see hard work rewarded.

•  

That is a respect builder. But it all comes down to the putter, they all hit well but who makes all those 10 footers. Wish him well.

•  

In order to compete at the PGA tour level...I think the game has changed so much that you have no choice but to have a strong work ethic if you want to stay on tour.

•  

Thanks for the article, Devin. KS is definitely a young player to watch...He has an obession for golf pushing his work ethic beyond. Incorporating strength training seems to have solidified his game and transformation from boy to man....

• 3852 points

whether some want to admit it or not...everything these guys have learned about working hard they learned by modeling Tiger...how much to practice, how to incorporate weight training, and what is possible to achieve in the game.

•  

And TW got it from Gary Player.... Gary looked like a stud teeing off Thursday morning, thats a workout ethic!

golfdoc1

whether some want to admit it or not...everything these guys have learned about working hard they learned by modeling Tiger...how much to practice, how to incorporate weight training, and what is possible to achieve in the game.