Forums

Tiger Woods shoes

•  

Hey Saturday I wore white shoes!!!!!! But they were DryJoy Tours.  I guess that was alright???

•  

bholley

Wheelez3030
    bholley

Wheelez3030

pulplvr

If you recall, during the last round of the WGC, he wore the black shoes on the front, changed into the white ones--because of his injury--and then pulled out.  I've got to agree, though, which those who wonder why Nike cannot make him black shoes as comfortable as the white ones he's been wearing.

he didnt have an "injury" he just droped out because he reliezed that he wouldnt win

I do not believe your statement is correct.

Then how do you explain him dropping out and 2 weeks later he plays in the travistock cup, a round at agustia and play and win at pebble beach in one week with out any pain??? If you answer that I'll give it a thought

My first response is to tell you to learn how to use spell check. You are really starting to embarrass your self. My second response is what win at Pebble Beach? Thirdly in response to your " If you answer that I'll give it a thought" perhaps you should try thinking before spouting you rambling incoherent vituperations.

What is vituperations?

•  

bholley

Wheelez3030
    bholley

Wheelez3030

pulplvr

If you recall, during the last round of the WGC, he wore the black shoes on the front, changed into the white ones--because of his injury--and then pulled out.  I've got to agree, though, which those who wonder why Nike cannot make him black shoes as comfortable as the white ones he's been wearing.

he didnt have an "injury" he just droped out because he reliezed that he wouldnt win

I do not believe your statement is correct.

Then how do you explain him dropping out and 2 weeks later he plays in the travistock cup, a round at agustia and play and win at pebble beach in one week with out any pain??? If you answer that I'll give it a thought

My first response is to tell you to learn how to use spell check. You are really starting to embarrass your self. My second response is what win at Pebble Beach? Thirdly in response to your " If you answer that I'll give it a thought" perhaps you should try thinking before spouting you rambling incoherent vituperations.

Thank you Bruce! Well said. Although I doubt it will get through to make any change.

And two weeks is plenty of time to recover from a strain like the kind that Tiger had.

•  
    Whoa Nellie! Now this is good...... Oh yeah.... Scotty, you are right on. Tar Heel and khaki (fabric or color) is not going to be seen on any course with any kind of FJ shoe. And Bruce my dear friend, the clown wagon picture is perfect. I hear that's the new courtesy car for Tiger when he drives up Magnolia Lane at Augusta! Those shoes, regardless of their performance, are ugly. Spell it with me people- UGLY! Que the circus music!
  •  
    When it comes down to it, the shoes are ugly, but it was a decision based on comfort and injury prevention. I for one care how I look, but I'm not in contention for any PGA events either, I think it came down to function rather than fashion, right or wrong. PS +1 bholley
    • 3627 points

I actually don't mind them. I wear the Nike Free's to workout in and think they're really comfortable. Not sure how they would feel like with spikes in them. 

Spikeless/ "barefoot" shoes are certainly all the rage right now.

•  

NCBob

Hey Saturday I wore white shoes!!!!!! But they were DryJoy Tours.  I guess that was alright???

If I were wearing pants/slacks/trousers/etc., then in a word - YES.  DryJoy Tours look a lot nicer than something that I would expect to see on a nurse.  If you were wearing shorts or scrubs, then you might look alright in Tiger's shoes.

Back to my point - can Tiger's shoe guys not design a supportive and comfortable shoe that looks nice with the rest of his attire?  I'm not Tiger bashing...I'm shoe bashing :)

•  

PatCCraig

I actually don't mind them. I wear the Nike Free's to workout in and think they're really comfortable. Not sure how they would feel like with spikes in them. 

Spikeless/ "barefoot" shoes are certainly all the rage right now.

but i doubt you wear black long dress pants to the gym.

•  

memphisunited

NCBob

If I were wearing pants/slacks/trousers/etc., then in a word - YES.  DryJoy Tours look a lot nicer than something that I would expect to see on a nurse.  If you were wearing shorts or scrubs, then you might look alright in Tiger's shoes.

Back to my point - can Tiger's shoe guys not design a supportive and comfortable shoe that looks nice with the rest of his attire?  I'm not Tiger bashing...I'm shoe bashing :)

It's my understanding that Tiger just took an existing shoe that he used for working out and added spikes for the golf course. I don't think the R & D guys had anything to do with designing Tiger's new golf shoes. We can only hope for "styles sake" that someone there makes him a better looking golf shoe that works the same as the "ugly" things he is now wearing. Even if they are not FootJoys, at least make something so we don't have to gag a little looking at them.

•  
    But that is my opinion and I'll stick with it
  •  

NCBOB

What is vituperations?

The plural of vituperation. A seldom used but favorite word of mine which denotes caustic, bitter, and vile speech.

•  

These look like his new pair for Augusta

•  

OUTIGER

These look like his new pair for Augusta

haha.  nah, he changed his mind when Haney got the Croc endorsement deal.

•  

@ TT, lol.  Although I expected you to have the TW logo on them with your PS skills.  At least they are safe to use in the water if the weather turns south.

•