Forums

Rory's Tenure

• 3506 points

Ah, I love the debates! I think Rors will be the closest thing we will see to Tiger for the current era. Think about it, there has never been another Michael. There never will be. There is no "next Tiger" and there never will be. Every new dominant player will be with a new spin. If I was Rors, I wouldn't want to be the "next Tiger" i'd like to be Rory, Major winner and world #1 and challenge the media, bloggers, and golf fans around the world to find the next Rory.

All that being said, Tiger had one hell of a go. And as far as we can tell, still trying to get back to that spot. I hope Rors is stubborn to let it go and starts a run of his own! 

•  

dzabkar

Ah, I love the debates! I think Rors will be the closest thing we will see to Tiger for the current era. Think about it, there has never been another Michael. There never will be. There is no "next Tiger" and there never will be. Every new dominant player will be with a new spin. If I was Rors, I wouldn't want to be the "next Tiger" i'd like to be Rory, Major winner and world #1 and challenge the media, bloggers, and golf fans around the world to find the next Rory.

All that being said, Tiger had one hell of a go. And as far as we can tell, still trying to get back to that spot. I hope Rors is stubborn to let it go and starts a run of his own! 

i agree with you.  and i think Rory already has that mind set.  he doesn't want to be the next tiger.  and i think that is one of the things that will keep him going.  he seems to have his head on straight with goals ahead of him.  i definitely think he has the game to make a long run.  but there will be other young guys gunning for him.  might be seeing a new golden age of golf.

•  

i guess we got our answer.  it was a short reign, but he'll be back.

•  

tdogg21

Indeed!!!!

(The word to the wise...Do not take any time off and play every week or at least every other week or you will get passed...)

-ICONs for ALL

•  

thomas alston iii

tdogg21

Indeed!!!!

(The word to the wise...Do not take any time off and play every week or at least every other week or you will get passed...)

-ICONs for ALL

fortunately or unfortunately that is how to be #1.  but what Luke and Rory are doing lately is great.  both are in the top 10 or top 5 virtually every time they play.  that is what was missing in the Tiger era.  he was doing it, but didn't have anyone else doing it to challenge his ranking.  it's going to be an exciting summer.  the majors will have even more importance for these guys.

• 3506 points

Welp! That lasted longer than my best girlfriend

•  

dzabkar

Ouch!

•  

dzabkar

that's what she said.

•  

tdogg21

thomas alston iii

tdogg21

Indeed!!!!

-ICONs for ALL

fortunately or unfortunately that is how to be #1.  but what Luke and Rory are doing lately is great.  both are in the top 10 or top 5 virtually every time they play.  that is what was missing in the Tiger era.  he was doing it, but didn't have anyone else doing it to challenge his ranking.  it's going to be an exciting summer.  the majors will have even more importance for these guys.

The Seesaw changed and now the #1 WGR has returned to Rory... and he wasn't even playing this week!!!!!!

Now you do not even need to play and can become #1....what is wrong with that picture????

-ICONs for ALL

•  

thomas alston iii

tdogg21

thomas alston iii

tdogg21

Indeed!!!!

-ICONs for ALL

The Seesaw changed and now the #1 WGR has returned to Rory... and he wasn't even playing this week!!!!!!

Now you do not even need to play and can become #1....what is wrong with that picture????

-ICONs for ALL

that's the unfortunate part of the WGRs.  That's how Westwood took over from Tiger.  if a bad tourney comes off of Rory's '2-years' and a good one comes off of Luke's, the points can swing.  just tells you how close these guys really are.

•  

tdogg21

thomas alston iii

tdogg21

thomas alston iii

tdogg21

Indeed!!!!

-ICONs for ALL

-ICONs for ALL

that's the unfortunate part of the WGRs.  That's how Westwood took over from Tiger.  if a bad tourney comes off of Rory's '2-years' and a good one comes off of Luke's, the points can swing.  just tells you how close these guys really are.

It only solidifies how misguided the WGR system is!!!

How do you gain points by not playing???

How do you loss points by playing but not finishing in the top 10???

There is simply no logic to the system and it will be revamped in the next 3 - 5 years. (iMHO)

-ICONs for ALL

• 3627 points

What a cheap way to reach #1!