Forums

WGC Match Play

•  

Great moments are coming soon with the return of all big players to the Arizona desert to play the WGC – Accenture Match Play.

Who will reach the podium? Rors? Donald? Anyone else?

I believe this will be Rors' year.

• 856 points

It is going to be interesting for sure. Can't wait to see the pairings. Tiger and Rory? Hector
  •  

i think it will be one of the players that you posted luso or ill bring in one more and he is Adam Scott

•  

That's a tough call...honestly I think it's more difficult picking a winner for match play events than regular events.  Any player can get hot (or cold) on any given day, and all it takes is one of those days and you're done for the week.  I'll have to wait and see how the brackets fill out before I make my pick.

•  

i pick rory

• 637 points

Outside of the majors. Accenture matchplay is one of my favorite events. I hope Mickelson can make a run, with as good as hes playing right now. If not him I would like to see somebody playing Titleist and wearing FJ!

•  

Tyler W

Outside of the majors. Accenture matchplay is one of my favorite events. I hope Mickelson can make a run, with as good as hes playing right now. If not him I would like to see somebody playing Titleist and wearing FJ!

I'd like to see Phil do well also. Unfortunately he is not playing the matchplay event. Vacation time for the family.

•  

I like Matt Kucher.

•  
    Sad to say, but I doubt TW's putting will hold up for all those matches... Soooo, the obvious choice is Mr Rors!
  •  

I haven't officially checke the roster to see who is in or out, but I would put my money on Poulter. He always plays excellent in match play.

•  

With head to head competition & a field of 64 in Golf's own March Madness...It's hard to predict ? Rory M., Luke D., Lee W. and Martin K. are all in #1 Rankings....

•  

girlsgotgolf

With head to head competition & a field of 64 in Golf's own March Madness...It's hard to predict ? Rory M., Luke D., Lee W. and Martin K. are all in #1 Rankings....

I'm really not a betting kind of person, but I'd have a really hard time betting on a winner in this format.  All it takes is for a somewhat lesser known to get hot for one day and a big name falls.  I like the analogy to March Madness as well.  I'm really looking forward to Wednesday!  This is always a fun event to watch.

•  
    girlsgotgolf

All of those are on different tours and Luke Donald is the leading money winner in both the europian tour and the PGA tour
  •  

I wish there were more match play tournaments during the year.  I love seeing the competition between the pros. Can't wait for Wednesday!

•  

Match play can be tough on TV ratings, Not a lot of action to keep you occupied, But match play is how most amateurs play everyday.