Forums

Early MASTERS Predictions

• 466 points

eagle3

I'm looking at either Rory or Phil.

I was thinking the same thing. As long as they can both keep their heads in the game and not let a small side track or a bad day knock them off, I think they'll be neck and neck with each other.

•  

what about adam scott?  he seems to play well at augusta and finished strong last year.  has been a quiet this year.  and let's be honest, you can't discount Stevie's local knowledge.

•  

Subject to Change

My thoughts are that TW will get his 5th Jacket. It is extremely difficult to not go with RORs given his play of late.

-ICONs for All

•  

thomas alston iii

Subject to Change

My thoughts are that TW will get his 5th Jacket. It is extremely difficult to not go with RORs given his play of late.

-ICONs for All

after last week and considering how he always plays at Augusta, hard to rule him out.

• 2661 points

Tiger starting to get it all back together. Tough to bet againstTW..

•  
    Zombi

Tiger starting to get it all back together. Tough to bet againstTW..

You are a smart man
  •  
    tdogg21

what about adam scott?  he seems to play well at augusta and finished strong last year.  has been a quiet this year.  and let's be honest, you can't discount Stevie's local knowledge.

That was what I was thinking that and a thousand dollar bet will get you alot of money if he wins
    • 3506 points

tdogg21

Seems like you boy Adam Scott is priming up for something fierce this week! Not a bad choice if he keep putting like he has been. I wish I could get to Augusta this year with all the parity we have seen on Tour thus far.

Hitchiking to Augusta a far-fetched idea?!

•  

dzabkar

tdogg21

Seems like you boy Adam Scott is priming up for something fierce this week! Not a bad choice if he keep putting like he has been. I wish I could get to Augusta this year with all the parity we have seen on Tour thus far.

Talk about a FJA perk....(not going to happen but, what if...)

-ICONs for ALL

•  

dzabkar

tdogg21

he'll need that putting once he gets to augusta.  but he has the ball-striking and caddy to get the job done. 

if i was going to hitch-hike, i couldn't think of a better place to go!

• 534 points

Everyone seems to be going with the obvious/favored picks, Snedeker and Fowler being the exceptions. How about the dark horses out there?

The stats certainly indicate that 50% of the time, the winner is someone who is unexpected. Who are the less obvious picks? My top dark horses:

Hunter Mahan - displayed unbelievable putting at WGC Accenture

Bubba Watson - his laid back temperament might ward off all the pressure

Bill Haas - quiet determination knows how to get it done

Nick Watney - just an all around likable guy, why not?

•  

USMA79

Everyone seems to be going with the obvious/favored picks, Snedeker and Fowler being the exceptions. How about the dark horses out there?

The stats certainly indicate that 50% of the time, the winner is someone who is unexpected. Who are the less obvious picks? My top dark horses:

you are right there is a good chance the winner will be someone we don't think of.  i'd like to see Bubba win, but just not sure he has the mental game yet.  it's hard for him to have 4 really good days in a row.  and when he starts to get off-line, he has trouble bringing it back quickly.  what about someone like Mark Wilson?  he has the consistency and short-game to get it done.

•  

USMA79

Welcome to the forum. I like the way you are thinking. How many times has someone come out of nowhere and won the tournament?

• 216 points

Hard to pick against Rory.....

•  

Dallin

USMA79

Welcome to the forum. I like the way you are thinking. How many times has someone come out of nowhere and won the tournament?

Valid Point!

If we are doing the "Dark Horse" picks, I would go with Jason Day (top 5 in many of the majors in 2011, 2nd at Augusta).

-ICONs for ALL