Forums

2009 Open Championship - FJ ICON sighting

•  

Chris has already posted some great slideshows from the Open Championship on the FootJoy Blog, but just today we saw Nick Watney lace up a pair of FJ ICON for the first time in competition.  He is wearing style 52070.

•  

Looking sharp...

•  

still not sold on this style... clean, but don't like the stripe look

•  

I'm sold on this style.  Cool looking shoe...nice threads too.

• 4775 points

Good to see Nick getting some press.  Then again I may be a little biased, he went to college where I live.  Also good to see FJ coming out with a shoe that isn't a basic saddle.  Different is good, in my opinion.

•  

breakingpar09

still not sold on this style... clean, but don't like the stripe look

I love this style.  These are the shoes I have been eyeing since the Icons were released.  I am going to go with these with the green stripe.  Something like this...

(Thanks for the pic Chris)

Tim

•  

Same style Rory was wearing in the other post.

Do the pros have any favorite as far as style goes?  I've seen a couple different but I didn't know if there was a majority favoring a specific style?

•  

I looks like the 52070 seems to be the popular style on the tour.  I am noticing most of the Icons I am seeing are this style.  I will be kewl to see if the pros change the color of the stripe when the MyJoys program goes underway.

Tim

•  

tim6918

I looks like the 52070 seems to be the popular style on the tour.  I am noticing most of the Icons I am seeing are this style.  I will be kewl to see if the pros change the color of the stripe when the MyJoys program goes underway.

Tim

I agree, it does seem like the popular choice on tour.  I wonder if it is just because that's the model FJ decided to release for the early testing or if it's actually preferred.

• 579 points

I think the sport icon's would look cool with all black and a white stripe