Forums

Black Hawk putter

•  

What did you all think of Matt Every's Black Hawk putter? He's the only guy using it on tour -- and it seemed to work pretty well for him. There's no website or place to purchase; the engineer/designer is testing them with two Florida PGA Sections. Here's a link to the story:

http://www.golfweek.com/news/2012/jan/15/everys-blackhawk-putter-gains-plenty-attention/

•  
    I don't think I could putt with it, looked like a 2x4 on the end of a putter shaft, but he seems to like it, I will stick with Scotty
  •  

awful... just awful.  But i'd put with Happy Gilmore's if I made more putts!

•  
    To paraphrase ..... Not my brand of beer.
  •  

It's the second ugliest putter I've ever seen. Not my cup of tea.

•  

Their have been so many ugly putters that win tournaments.  What was that thing Paul Azinger won with?

• 1192 points

To me, it looks like a putter that missed its turn at the milling machine. Doesn't look quite finished to me.

In related news, I'm creating a new putter made from a brick. Not sure of the swing weight yet but it'll definitely smooth out any imperfections in your stroke.   

• 1192 points

If you can believe it, there's already one on eBay for $399!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tour-Issue-Black-Hawk-Putter-PGA-tour-Proven-/330672499904?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item4cfd9decc0#ht_500wt_1156

•  

Fugly..... My Scotty would never look at me the same if I even thought of using that 'thing'!

•  

golferdrmjr

golferdrmjr

What's the ugliest?

•  

I don't think I could stand to look down at that thing on every putt.  I have no problems with larger putters, but that thing gives the term "mallet putter" a whole new meaning.

•  

asualum

To me, it looks like a putter that missed its turn at the milling machine. Doesn't look quite finished to me.

In related news, I'm creating a new putter made from a brick. Not sure of the swing weight yet but it'll definitely smooth out any imperfections in your stroke.   

Will it come in "blade size" and "mallet size" and can I get the face deep milled?  And I'm REALLY going to need to know the swing weights ASAP because if the swingweight isn't perfect it will cause me to miss all my putts and that will be the putter manufacturers fault.    :)

•  

TNT009

Fugly..... My Scotty would never look at me the same if I even thought of using that 'thing'!

Your Scotty might "up and leave" you for that...tell your Scotty that I could give it a good home if it needs a new one!

•  

grumpy830

golferdrmjr

golferdrmjr

What's the ugliest?

I don't know, but I'm sure there's an uglier out there. :-)

•  

Our pro has one - it puts a very nice roll on the ball. To wit, it may be ugly, but you can flat out make more putts with it.