Forums

Stop with the 'staches!

•  

Amen to the goatee, Tar Heel.

• 3852 points

Couldn't care less whether golfers wear stashes, goatees, or full beards. Don't care whether they have lame ones or full ones if they chooses. Irrelevant to their play. Don't care about unshaven beard stubble.  But I may be a bit biased, as  I've had a full beard for over 35 years. 

Here's something much more serious and disturbing than facial hair--a recent Champions Tour player, Steve Thomas, was arrested in a child sex sting. This is about as bad a charge against  a Tour player as I can remember --far worse than Jim Thorpe going to prison for income tax evasion. Who knows what Thomas has been up to? This guy could have been one of the perps on Perverted Justice. Read about it here:

http://www.golfweek.com/news/2012/jan/17/ex-tour-pro-arrested-child-sex-sting/

•  

So, are you not a fan of Joe Flacco's stache?  I was thinkin that the Ravens are winning because of that thing.

•  

girlsgotgolf

Not a fan of mustaches and prefer the clean shavin look on you guys but have to say Tar Heels' buddy - Bobby Swain doesn't look too shabby !

3G.....

Now you've done it.This is surely going to go to Bobby's head!

•  

Randy, have to admit I was surprised when you showed up in Chicago without the mini-beard. You and Hokies can rock the look. Johnson Wagner? Not so much. Looks like he was doing a bad Tom Selleck imitation since he was in Hawaii.

•  

I read that article golfdoc--terrible thing to happen, but I guess golfchick was right about the mustaches giving off a vibe!

Also, I saw the part about more college coaches being involved...

•  

and the man who once was, and his lady

yes, that's me.  i just can't remember how long ago it was.

•  

beej

Now I know why the name Beej.

Beej Gees

•  

Hey beej here is yours truly sporting a moustache after a Rugby match in the 70's. Unbeknownst to me in attendance at the time a little known clean shaven actor by the name of Tom Selleck.

•  

beej

Nice! I miss the fake wood paneling...that was totally in back then.

•  

i miss the hair and i did kind of like the shirt.  i still have the lady though.

i think the year was 79

•  

mr holley, thanx for the beej gees reference, they were big at that time.  disco was in and you had to look the part and learn the moves not found on the rugby field.  

•  

beej

mr holley, thanx for the beej gees reference, they were big at that time.  disco was in and you had to look the part and learn the moves not found on the rugby field.  

Beej you need to call it the "pitch" not the field. We don't want our first European Ambassador choking on his room temperature but superior beer after reading your post. However you might be surprised about what moves were going on during a loose scrum (ruck).

•  

Enough with the oldies, but goodies photos.  If many of us took the time, we'd find shots much like those posted by both Beej and Holleywood.  'Twas the times, boys.  Even for those of us in the military at the time.  Got to admit, I don't miss the tight trousers with the flared cuffs and the wild patterns, or the long pointed shirt collars.  Of course, my body today wouldn't like those, either.

•  

bholley

beej

Beej you need to call it the "pitch" not the field. We don't want our first European Ambassador choking on his room temperature but superior beer after reading your post. However you might be surprised about what moves were going on during a loose scrum (ruck).

did not know it was called a pitch

i have heard the term scrum

don't really understand the rules of rugby but it can be fun to watch without that understanding.

what i do understand though is that fullers ESB, whatneys red barrel and cream stout, guiness and the heaven that is found with the St. Peters porters and stouts are always more flavourful as they come up to room temperature.  we can't get the whatneys anymore as i think they have closed their doors but of all the cream stouts that i have ever had on tap, that was my favorite.