Forums

What is your favorite major?

•  

I’m going to go with the Masters. I always look forward to the season opener.

•  

Tough call. I'm a fan of them all but the U.S. Open is at the top of the list for me.

•  

I'm going with the Masters now that they've brought the birdies/roars back. I always watch the final round with my dad, so that puts the Masters above the rest. I thought it was horrible television in 2008, but fantastic again in 2009.

Gotta go with the tradition unlike any other on this one.  Although I do enjoy the carnage that often accompanies the U.S. Open, seeing the Azaleas and hearing the Loggins tune can't be beaten.

•  

I have attended the Masters twice and its an amazing event to watch in person and walk the grounds.  I would have to go with the PGA Championship because it has the strongest field and there have been some very memorable ones lately.

•  

i have a tough time deciding between the us and the british, maybe the challenge of the heather rough makes me lean slightly toward the british.

•  

For me ... The Masters.  It's the first major, which for me is the unofficial start to the golf season.  Not to mention, I am like many who are itching for Augusta 5 minutes after the Wanamaker trophy is handed to winner of the PGA.

• 163 points

I actually am a huge fan of the PGA Championship. I like the strength of the field and I think that it usually determines the best player at the time. It seems like the Open Championship and the U.S. Open have been increasingly having fluke winners. That rarely happens with the PGA Championship in recent years.

•  

Who can pick one?  They are all great to watch.

•  

Has to be the Open, or more commonly called here the British Open. The course setup generally shows who is the best and most creative ball striker.

•  

The Masters for me.  The drool factor of the course and the tradition.  Being the first major doesn't hurt either - you just can't help but get excited for it!

•  

US Open

•  

There is nothing like the allure of the Masters.  The excitement and anticipation that is felt leading up to the first major of the year is something sublime.

Tim

• 4775 points

Without a doubt The Masters.  I like the history and tradition, that comes with going back to the same course year after year.  And now that they have televised the par 3 contest the last couple of years, I like it even more.

•  

Masters is my favorite tourney by far. Just everything that goes along with it gets me in the right frame of mind for the season.