Forums

No Shorts for Tour Players

•  

Im trying to adopt that view to decrease sun exposure, but boy it gets hot here in SoCal!

Lusogolf

I must confess that even in hot conditions I prefer to wear pants.

•  

TNT009

Im trying to adopt that view to decrease sun exposure, but boy it gets hot here in SoCal!

Lusogolf

I prefer to wear pants as opposed to shorts but it gets HOT in Mississippi in the summer!  I felt really bad for the Tour guys at the Viking Classic last July...it was hot as Hades then I know they were miserable in that heat.  Whenever I can though, I wear long pants because there are some shoes that just don't look right with shorts in my opinion.

•  

TNT009

Lusogolf

Why not try wearing pants made ​​of linen. They are light and fresh.

•  
    I know exactly what you mean about the shoes not matching! That is why I usually try to purchase khaki and other solid color shorts, usually Izod. When I bought my second pair of golf shoes, I actually considered my shorts as well because I really hate wearing pants because I don't like wearing pants when it's hot at all.
  •  
    I never thought of linen pants, I know Tommy Bahama has them and I love the ones M Jordan sports!
    Lusogolf

TNT009

Lusogolf

•  

Nicklaus argued this point, in vain, for many years. I have no opinion either way, but appreciate it gets hot on some tour stops. However, many of today's pants are almost as cool as shorts.

•  

Tar Heel

No shorts. The rule is fine and doesn't need a change. Certainly there are wonderful shorts out there, but it is a gentlemans game.

If I am playing an event at a nice club, no matter the weather, I always wear long pants. It's just the thing I do. If it's very hot (like now), I'll wear a pair of performance pants that have very light breathable fabric to them. And a lighter color of course.

Call me old fashioned, but that's how I see it.

PS, I refuse to wear the Loudmouth stuff too......

LOL if the the tour allows Loudmouth, they should also allow shorts. Then again, many of your outfits (and Go Hokies) rival Loudmouth (just an itty bitty bit)

•  

TNT009
    I never thought of linen pants, I know Tommy Bahama has them and I love the ones M Jordan sports!
    Lusogolf

TNT009

Lusogolf

I had a pair of linen pants that I loved, but they wrinkled the second you sat down or even squatted to read a putt. And they had to be ironed every time they were washed and dried. I really like the new moisture wicking pants, they work well.

•  

Come on Fred, tell Tar Heel like it is...his outfits resemble LoudMouth MORE than he wants to admit...

But I do agree with one thing...the rule is fine the way it is...no need to change...

•  

Actually wearing long pants and a long sleeve shirt in a hot dry environment helps keep you cool. Your sweat does not evaporate so quickly.  Acts like air conditioning.  Too bad the humidity in NC doesn't care what you wear.

•  

The atmosphere must be very dry (<50% R.H.) for evaporative cooling to work. It works great in Las Vegas, horribly in coastal regions. Thank God for the moisture wicking fabrics that allow air to circulate and carry away some of the sweat. Do any of y'all remember the polyester fabrics of the 70's? They felt suffocating.

•  

Mondo, didn't Randy steal a pair of shorts from you at Medinah? LOL

•  

Ive found in heat, silk pants work the best! Easily the best cooling pants going!

•  

Silk? You're kidding me, right? LOL For walking golf, in the heat, thank God for Under Armour.

•  

No quite serious, the Tommy Bahama line of silk pants kept me nice in cool in 90 degree, 80% humidity in the Dominican Republic! You just cant ball hawk in the weeds, they snag easily! Think it helped I was wearing my Classics!

fredcloss

Silk? You'rekidding me, right? LOL For walking golf, in the heat, thank God for Under Armour.