Forums

The Heritage

•  

Great final round today. Luke Donald & Brandt Snedeker  battling it out for 3 extra holes. I think LD started thinking about being #1 & blew it on the back nine. he kept hitting so many uncharacteristically  bad shots. It wasn't the same LD were use to seeing. On another note I had BS on my fantasy team but benched him for today. GEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

•  

It is sad that here currently is no sponsor for this event going forward.

Wait, I have an idea...... maybe Big Oil could step up and do the right thing and sponsor this event. Given that Exxon/Mobil is set to announce first quarter PROFITS of close to 10 BILLION DOLLARS! If they can't affort it who can?

•  

Someone will pick it up for next year, this tournament has too much history. I read somewhere that they have a few prospects but we most likley wont know until they sign.

•  

Watched with interest as Luke, a clutch and deadly iron player, literally gagged on 3 shots in OT. This guy normally hits lasers (Ryder Cup and Match Play???), and he muffed the last hole in regulation AND then 2 of 3 in OT. As Sammy says, I think his head was filled with "I'm about to be #1" thoughts.

That said, Sneds came from 6 back to win, which shows he's got some game.....

Finally, The Heritage is an awesome event. I said last week that it should ALWAYS be the week after the Masters. Just seems so right. Given how the profits in corporate America are on the upswing, it makes sense that Finchem should close a deal here soon. HH is too perfect a place, and having it disappear from the landscape would be a crime.

•  

I am sure this event will continue, as all have said it is a great location and has too much history to fade away.

Great win by Brandt, shows if you and put up a # sometimes they come to you. Totally agreat the LD was thinking about that #1.

•  

HOW ABOUT TOMMY GAINEY?  WHATCHYALL THINK ABOUT HIM?  I LIKE HIM!!!

• 2207 points

BRUCE

HOW ABOUT TOMMY GAINEY?  WHATCHYALL THINK ABOUT HIM?  I LIKE HIM!!!

Love "2 Gloves" Tommy.  I think the Tour definitely needs guys like him that are self-made and self-taught.  I'm hoping he can actually win one soon.  How great would it be to see him at Augusta?

•  

As wild as his(TG) swing is it seems to work really well for him. I think it's just a matter of time till he hoisting a trophy.

•  

It was  a real testament to Sned's game when he shot that final round and his OT was probably his finest hour. The surprise was Donald and his lack of shots in the OT. Biggest palyer of note this week waas "Two Gloves" Like Furyk, his swing is uneven and not at all graceful but he may be the biggest surprise of all this year.