Forums

Titleist Staff bag

•  

Do you guys think that it would be weird for a non-pro like me to have a huge Titleist staff bag?

•  

Not really, I woulfd definately go with the smaller 9.5 Staff bag.  The stand bag is best for walking obviously.   The large 10.5 bag is best suited for Tour Pros and might look out of place.  Never too early to get yourself a great staff bag that will last you many years.  Makes you feel good.   I say...go for it.

Deno

•  

Yes. 

•  

Personally  No I don't see an issue with you carrying a Tour bag.  I do carry a full Staff size Staff bag when I play Tournaments or traveling.

Em, why do you say Yes? you have my curiosity up...waiting for your answer.

Sure they cost more,  but I cannot see that being the issue. There also cannot be any doubt that they look better on the course,  especially if you are a decent golfer.

•  

FP...

Short answer=Yes. I have a staff bag and love it.

But as a youngster, you may enjoy walking more than riding. In that case, a stand bag is probably more in order. Since I don't walk anymore, the staff bag is perfect.

•  

If that is what you like and feel confident using it, go for it. It's your game and your pride of ownership.

• 3852 points

If you're a teenager, it might look pretentious to have a staff bag. You could expect a lot of ribbing from your friends, who will be most likely carrying their clubs in a stand bag.

Why not carry a stand-bag with the logo, if that's what you like, and put the money you save into a new pair of shoes?  

•  

I have a Titleist midsize staff bag for when I know I'm going to be riding in a cart (scrambles, tournaments, etc.).  It is the perfect size for the cart and has plenty of room for rain gear, etc.   I got it for a great price, so I couldn't pass it up.

I have a Titleist lightweight carry bag for all my other rounds when I'm walking.  Still thinking about getting a Clicgear 3.0 push cart.

•  

Let your game do the talking, not your bag. I carry my bag from college with my team logo on it and my name and people are always like: "wow you must be good." I want my game to show I AM good, not the bag. I carry it because its only bag I really like to walk with.

That being said I don't think that applys to clothing/shoes on the course. Have to look good to play good.

•  

If a friend of mine showed up with a staff bag like those and they aren't at best on the mini-tour, I would not stop laughing.  It's OVERKILL and you may be trying too hard to look the part. IMO.  (Response not directed at FP, but in general).

To me, guys our age shouldn't be focused on staff bags, I don't know a single amateur in any tournament I've been in with a staff bag lol.

But, if you like it, then do it, I won't be there to laugh lol.

•  

FP17

You are a breath of fresh air.  There should be more young guys on this site like you.  You are getting some quality answers to questions most young guys won't ask from golfers who've been "around the block'.  Some alot more times than others.  

Everyone has an good opinion,  it may not suit your fancy, but the answer is do what ever suits you.  I'm sure the salesmen didn't ask for a scorecard when you got fitted for a new 910.   Do you need it?   No...Do you want it....Oh yeah!!!

Hit'em far.

Deno

•  

To each his (or her) own, in life and especially on the golf course.  Play with whatever you like.  I've seen guys playing in clothing that is literally blinding on the course, but that's their decision.  I don't buy the "don't be a poser" argument.  We (golfers) are all posers to some degree.  At the end of the day, playing a staff bag is not a big deal, to me at least.  Now if you had your own personal caddy carrying it for you, then that might be extreme. 

•  

Go for it. I think carrying a tour bag when you play would be good for you as long as you don't use a cart (push or riding).

•  

delete post

• 1232 points

For an amateur i wouldnt sugggest having a great big staff bag cause they are just too  bulky,  but there usually is 1 pocket on each bag that is big enough to hold an enitre case of beer,  case and alll