Forums

Condolences to Bubba and Family

•  

Just saw a tweet from Bubba Watson that sadly, his father has passed. The news that Mr. Watson had cancer and the pronosis was very critical came just prior to the Ryder Cup, and now the sad end has come.

Our heartfelt condolences and and thoughts are with you Bubba. God speed.

•  

i lost my father to lung cancer a year and a half ago.  i know what he's feeling and and i hope he can focus on the good memories.

•  

My condolences to Bubba and his family.  They are certainly in my prayers, fortunately his father is in a better place.  God Bless.

•  

Very sad news.  Salute to the another Green Beret. 

•  

Amen, EMKelly..no more pain and suffering for a dedicated father and military man!  May God bless the Watson family during this difficult time

•  

Very sad. Bubba is an excellent player but above all an excellent person. He was so happy that his Dad got to watch him play for the USA in the Ryder Cup. I'm sure his Dad was so proud of him.

My condolences Bubba to you and your family.

RIP

•  

CONDOLENCES TO THE WATSON FAMILY.

THEY ARE IN MY PRAYERS.

•  

My condolences to the Watsons.  God Bless.

• 300 points

It is a sad day for the entire Watson family. Bubba has been a shining light for the PGA Tour this year. He along with Rickie Fowler & Jeff Overton to name a few, have shown how honest flare and flameboyance can reinvigorate the tour the good of the game. Just look at his first win this year at the Travellers Championship and at the Ryder Cup at Celtic Manor in Wales. 

I would say to all young golfers who follow the top tours and players to take their inspirations for the game from Bubba, my example being the way in which he handled himself in defeat to Martin Kaymer at the PGA after the play-off this year.

This is the type of sportsman I would want the kids of today to follow and admire. Would anyone else agree?  

•  

+1 Mark K.

My condolences to Bubba & family as well. Imagine how difficult it was for him to focus on his game, and how proud his dad was to be able to see his son (who tells the world his dad has been his only teacher) get his first PGA victory, play well all year, and do well in the Ryder Cup.

• 849 points

Absolutely great that his father got to see Bubba win his first PGA Tour event and participate in the Ryder Cup. To have your best year on the course when your father is diagnosed with cancer and your wife had a cancer scare herself, is impressive. 

•  

Very sad news, god bless and prayers to Bubba and his family.

•  

I hated to hear this news last week. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.