Forums

LPGA will miss Ochoa

•  

Creamer, Pressel, Wie, Gulbis, etc....are really going to have to step now that Ochoa is joining Sorenstam in retirement..really hope both of them come back b/c they're great players and good for the game especiall for young girls like my daughter who follows them

•  

It will be interesting. More open field. People are going to have to fight for that #1 spot.

•  

I think this will end up like the PGA when TW was out of the picture.  Everyone will get a bigger piece of the spotlight and you will get to enjoy it a little more.

•  

Rumor has it that she is in the family way and wants to get out of the pressure of golfing. Regadless of her motives, I  will miss her as a very active competitor on the LPGA when I watch those tournaments.

•  

Given all of the things that have gone on with her off the course over the past year (family illnesses and getting married) as well as rumors of death threats this doesn't surprise me. I do hope that she will come back to the game. She is a very positive personality on the LPGA Tour and will be missed.

•  

You have to hand it to her, she went out on top and on her own terms.

•  

She is a great player and I wish her well. Hopefully one day Annika and her will return,,,,,,,time will tell.

•  

WITH ANNIKA AND LORENA BOTH GONE AND CREAMER HURT I FEAR FOR THE STABILITY OF THE LPGA.

THEY DEFINATELY NEED AN AMERICAN TO STEP UP AND AT LEAST COMPETE FOR THE NUMBER ONE SPOT.

I FEAR THAT IF THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN THE SPONSERS WILL SOON LOSE INTEREST AND THEN WHAT??

HOPE I'M WRONG.

• 1565 points

Lorena had a fantastic run, and like Anika, found her life needed more than what golf offered.  She made a plan many years ago for her post playing career and she now feels it's time to get on with that new agenda.

I've heard Anika is planning to return to the LPGA Tour sometime this year or eary next year and perhaps Lorena will feel the desire to one day return.

•  

I'm sure she will be missed. I enjoyed watching her when she was in a tournament. Now that she is married and obtained the #1 spot in golf, she wants to concentrate on things outside of golf. Hopefully she will return in the future.

•  

I saw this last week on the news and am a bit surprised really. This points out one of the most significant differences faced by the LPGA when compared to the PGA; considering family obligations. This is clearly a moment when Lorena is thinking about a family, and having recently married, she wants to concentrate on this new aspect of her life.

On the other side, we rarely, if ever, see a male counterpart stepping away from the tour for the family. And by stepping away I mean literally giving up tour play.

I wish her the best, because Lorena has been a great ambasador to ladies golf. Hope to see her back as she is able.

• 1206 points

I give her credit for leaving on top.

Not many professional athletes can say that. I do hope she comes back with Annika. U

Until then I can just stare at Natalie Gulbis. Hope Michelle Wie can carry the torch

•  

There was rumor she may return at a later date. Any truth to that ?