Forums

Duramed Futures Tour...

•  

I had the pleasure of going to the Futures tour event last week at the LPGA  Home course... I have played this course several times... Love it. These young ladies can play...

•  

yes, these girls can play..isnt one of them providing a blog about being on the Duramed?

•  

I don't think any of them are blogging on the official website yet this year ( www.duramedfuturestour.com ) but some of the LPGA rookies who hold dual cards are blogging on the LPGA site. If you are on Facebook and go to the DFT fan page, you can read about some of the girls and watch some streaming live coverage.

They are terrific players, and play for SO much less than the Nationwide guys, but the DFT is growing. Support them when you can. We've had an event here in KC for three years now, coming back next month. It's amazing that these girls travel so much and work so hard, when a paycheck might only be $400. 

•  

For regular LPGA updates, I highly recommend you follow TFJGolfgirl on Twitter. This is the account for Ann Cain, the Acushnet LPGA Tour rep and she's incredibly entertaining!

•  

I agree with Golfchick, these girls can play. I have been out to watch in KC and was amazed at the talent that these ladies have and their dedication. Playing for the paychecks that, frankly, may not cover the travel expenses.

•  

I believe that the LPGA has taken over the DFT. Maybe they will receive a benefit promotionaly wise when it comes to the money issues... They need to get more than one Event Sponcers...

•  

Hopefully as the economy improves, so will the sponsers for the events. I agree they deserve a higher purse per event.

•  

Chris Garrett

For regular LPGA updates, I highly recommend you follow TFJGolfgirl on Twitter. This is the account for Ann Cain, the Acushnet LPGA Tour rep and she's incredibly entertaining!

I'm following her and a host of others on Twitter Chris. Very entertaining stuff for a golf fan like myself.