Forums

Chevron World Challenge

•  

It appears that even though TW is not there, the challenge is proving to be very good, Yang is in  the lead and Poulter, Perry and Harrington are 2 back and Zach and Westwood trail by 3. All of the players are really showing their stuff. My best bet for the eventual winners are Poulter, Perry and Johnson, I don't think Yang will finish at numero uno. I look for Harrington to self-destruck and for Westwood to fail as he is having trouble with his iron play.

Anyone else have a comment????

•  

I watched a bit last night and was surprised at  how "off" some of the guys appeared. Saw IJP hit some shaky shots, and Harrington as well. Zach Johnson missed a few putts that were frankly, shockingly short misses for him.

I'm not sure what the deal is, because the course was set up yesterday as easy as it will be. No one ran away. My thinking is that right now, it's anyone's to win.

•  

Poulter was struggling the other day on the par 5s.  I am questioning him.  I am looking at Perry, always a solid golfer and he is putting well.

•  

TV coverage starts at 3:00 on Sunday - in 15 minutes. The guys are on the front nine and it should be a real shootout with a logjam at the top of the leaderboard.

--> --> --> --> --> --> --> -->
    1Jim Furyk -9
    1Lee Westwood -9
    1Padraig Harrington -9
    1Graeme McDowell -9
    1Ian Poulter -8
    1Y. E. Yang -8
    1Zach Johnson -7
    1Stewart Cink -7

•  

We were traveling home and it looks like I really missed some really good golf. Glad to see Furyk win one. He has had some trying times this year and needed a real boost going into next season. Zach seemed to run out of gas from what I could see, but Casey and Stricker sure tried to come out on top. What great golf by all.

• 3195 points

Tar Heel

I watched a bit last night and was surprised at  how "off" some of the guys appeared. Saw IJP hit some shaky shots, and Harrington as well. Zach Johnson missed a few putts that were frankly, shockingly short misses for him.

I'm not sure what the deal is, because the course was set up yesterday as easy as it will be. No one ran away. My thinking is that right now, it's anyone's to win.

Youve gotta figure that being the major season is over, a lot of these guys are winding down their golf season, arent practicing as much as they normally would and arent exactly on their game.

•  

How about those eagles? And Villegas' albatross? Awesome!

•  

A bit disappointed in Tiger. Even if he could not play, he is the "host" and this event is to benefit his foundation. I thought that he should have made the effort to attend.

•  

In regards to Tiger, I think in the midst of his personal situation, his obligations lie at home with him family.

I think it was a very good tournament and I am very glad Jim won after so long without a win (last time was 2007?).  He is a consistent golfer and his putt on 17 was spectacular.

•  

Great to see Jim Furyk win as well as Adam Scott -- hoping for great things from the both of them next year.

And yes...TW has some family issues, I hope he can get through them but sounds like there is a lot of things happening in his life...wonder how he will come out of it and how he will play the next time he tee's it up.

•  

West Chester, PA's finest wins!!! Congrats Jimmy!!!!!

•  

The shots in the final round were off the hook. That albatross by Camillo was just insane!

Brings me to the point that I was very disappointed in the TV coverage. I would have loved to see more diverse viewing of the players, regardless of their position on the leaderboard. There were some awesome things that happened, and I would have liked to see more replays and such. I think they only showed that albatross once or twice. It was huge!

Finally, I'm quite happy to see Jim Furyk win again. He is such a quality guy and a wonderful player that he deserves this so much. He played well, hit the key shots, and kept ahead when it really mattered most. A super win.

•  

+1 on the Furyk win, glad for him!!!!

•  

I agree with you there Tar Heel, I think they need to diversify it a bit more in all tournaments, even if they are not in contention, I still enjoy good golf.

• 954 points

Why should this event get world ranking points?  Because Tiger wants it to?  Please next thing you know, the contest between the to Orlando country club will get them.