Forums

Next "Pro Interview"

•  

Hey Chris

I'd like to put in a request for the next Tour Pro that you interview and get in the closet of....

How about DL III? He is the longest reigning Titleist Tour guy (I believe) and certainly can share some fun stories. He clearly is in a demographic group that FJ and Titleist is focused on, and does seem as if he'd participate. I do recall he did something with Golf Channel at his winter home in Colorado and talked about his snow boarding.

What do you think?

•  

DLIII would be a good choice.  Wouldn't mind seeing some of the younger guys too - like Nick Watney or Rory McIlroy interviewed.  The IJP interview was great.  I like the structure of those casual discussions.  And, it included more than just the normal golf questions. 

•  

Tar Heel

Hey Chris

I'd like to put in a request for the next Tour Pro that you interview and get in the closet of....

How about DL III? He is the longest reigning Titleist Tour guy (I believe) and certainly can share some fun stories. He clearly is in a demographic group that FJ and Titleist is focused on, and does seem as if he'd participate. I do recall he did something with Golf Channel at his winter home in Colorado and talked about his snow boarding.

What do you think?

I'd like to see Rory McIlroy, Camilo Villegas and Adam Scott.  I don't really care much about seeing inside their closet, but I'd be interested in what they have going on, their shoes and what not.

I'm more interested in hearing from the young guys because they have style and flare, DL is kind of plain jane.

•  

+1 for Davis Love III

•  

I too would like to see Camillo, Adam, and Rory. I think it would be neat to have a monthly look at staff players voer the "cool" months so we have some fresh golf stuff to think about (dream about).

In the late fall and winter, when I can't play, I blaze through my Golf Magazine, Sports Illustrated, Golf Week, and then I'm starving for golf. I think these interviews and videos would really be a draw, especially when linked to Facebook.

Eric, don't diss on DL III. I want to ask him stuff about Ryder Cups and when he wants to Captain. Plus, I believe he is the longest running Titleist Pro right now. Has to be some good insights there, plain or not.

•  

No disrespect to DL III.  I just think if you're interested in closets his Polo V-necks and khaki slacks might not be the most interesting thing in the world to look at.

I am sure he has lots of great insight, but I wouldn't necessarily be interested in his shoes or clothing. 

No idea if he's the trophy holder for the longest running Titleist sponsor but he could very well be.

Eventhough it has nothing to do with golf, I'd also like to get a look at what vehicles they drive, tour players are all over the place with what they drive.  I know Poults has some exotic cars (including a Ford GT) and then there is Stewart Cink who drives a Toyota Tundra and I think it would be cool to see who drives what.  I am wondering if there is a correlation between what you dress like on the course and what you drive...

•  

Some great ideas here, guys. Thanks. We certainly plan on doing more player features next year and the names you have tossed around are certainly ones that would be high on the list. Whenever we go out on Tour, we will let you all know about it so that, like with Poulter, you can give us questions to ask.

Just to clarify, it seems like you're most interested in the "outside the ropes" (personal) information from the players, especially in terms of clothes/shoes. Is that correct?

By the way, EMK, if you go on Poulter's web site, under the My Life section, there's a video called My Garage in which Ian gives you a tour of his garage and the sweet rides he keeps here in the U.S., including the Bentley Mike and I rode in!

•  

I'd like to see how DL III would assess how the tour has changed over the years from when he first started to now and what how much he thinks technology has changed the game.

He would be a great inteview

•  

"the Bentley Mike and I rode in"..... Your life just stinks, doesn't it Chris? Enjoy those business related perks, because they make great tales through your life. I'll tell you some of mine one day...

Eric has lots of inside and outside the ropes questions. I'm kind of mixed, depending who the player is. For example, I know DLIII is a huge snowboarder (which I am not), so someone might want to hear about that. I might be asking about his times playing as a kid with his dad and who is favorite partners on Ryder Cup matches was.

Each player has lots of unique attributes, so that may guide the inside/outside questions. And maybe the Pro's may give you some thoughts on stuff they won't talk about... like Adam Scott and his ex!

Bottom line, it's exciting to ponder some kind of monthly forum with the staff guys. Pretty cool.

•  

Thanks for the info Chris.  I didn't know he had that part to his site.  I will have to check it out after work.

I'm sure Poult's just as flashy off the course as on!  Can't wait to get a peek.

•  

YES would love to here from him he has a lot of cool hobbys and he would be great 

•  

It would be great to interview some of the Pros that are currently FJ Ambassadors and those involved with Titleist. Stricker, Johnson and others come to mind  and get both inside and outside perspectives from them. Whether they are from the younger set or one of the young guns, their insights into both the clothing and sport would be really neat. Possibly even some personal info would be great also.