Forums

Scotty Cameron Talks New Putter Line

•  

http://www.golf.com/golf/?bcpid=416421268&bctid=33513354001

Golf.com has this wonderful video with Scotty Cameron talking about his new line of California Series putters. For those of you that haven't heard Scotty talk about his stuff, you'll see firsthand why he is the master of craftsmanship. There is none better, and you can just hear his knowledge of "The Art of Putting."

I may have to upgrade (again).

•  

I saw the new line about a month ago.  I don't think any of them will kick my current gamer out but I am looking at two of the models to possibly try. 

Would like to try the Del Mar to see how it compares to the Fastback and I've liked the Coronado design for awhile, but it definately wouldn't have a chance at finding its way in the bag as a gamer.

• 1015 points

The Coronado looks just so great that i might just have to make it my first scotty cameron.

•  

There'ssome great looking putters,but at my age and the amount of time I may have left golfing, the cost is a little too high for me to justify. I am probably, from what I can gather from others in this forum, I am probably the oldest golfer. I am still quite active and enjoy golf, but a little of the big "A" is starting to set in. I am still taking lessons as that is my way of trying to stay active and improve my game. And as many of you can  see, I love this game called golf.

•  

Scotty is the best, no question about it.  Anybody can make a putter.  Scotty can make it so its pleasing to the eye, always tweaking things here and there to make sure it looks good when you look down at it.  He is also the best at communicating with tour players to make sure they have the best possible putter to fit their needs and make them confident.  I love the look, finish, feel of the new California series but I am a Newport guy so im all set.

•  

The new color of bronze will be a welcome addition to the OTR lineup...beautiful.

•  

I'm sure all you Cameron guys already know this but I saw he is putting a cord/no cord grip on the new line.  Don't know the beenfits of that but maybe it's better for feel or softness?  Insight?

•  

FJ Team...

I sent a note to Scotty today to ask a question about a possible headcover this year... Here is the entire post, AND a response from Scotty. Sweet!

Your Question:

ScottyThanks for another super year I was wondering if you have plans to issue a Cameron Co. head cover any time soon. In reviewing the Accessories section I see it''''s been a while. I''''m looking to add some special pop to my collection with something light blue. Since this is as close as I can get to my beloved Carolina Blue I''''m hoping to see something soon.Thanks again for the fantastic stewardship and craftsmanship. Cheers

Answer:

I''ve got a busy fall planned with upcoming headcovers and products, however I don''t have any Cameron & Co. headcovers coming. Those are very limited. Thanks for your support and email.

All the best,

Scotty

•  

Thanks for posting the pic...I had a chance to play with a sample yesterday at a local course and the grip is wonderful!  The size, feel and graphics all were very pleasing.   The gold letters compliment the bronze (gold) putter heads of the new California Line and look awesome...but then again what do you expect from a cameron crazy! LOL

•  

My fondest dream is to own a "My Girl" putter -- and headcover -- before I die. Too fab!

•  

EMKelly0106

I'm sure all you Cameron guys already know this but I saw he is putting a cord/no cord grip on the new line.  Don't know the beenfits of that but maybe it's better for feel or softness?  Insight?

The cord no cord grip has been around since 2000.  It was first a tour only grip and was released in the custom shop recently.  It is a soft grip with a nice texture to it.  It is a favorite grip of many

•  

golfchick

My fondest dream is to own a "My Girl" putter -- and headcover -- before I die. Too fab!

You can also have an existing one painted with a similar paint scheme through the SC Custom Shop plus add a cover to match if you like!  www.scottycameron.com then check out the Custom Shop options including pink grip and other fun things!

•  

So now he is offering the once tour only grip standard on his new putters.

•  

EMKelly0106

So now he is offering the once tour only grip standard on his new putters.

It was a tour only grip for the first couple of years then a few years after that it was available in the custom shop.  Now it is available on OTR putters.  Titleist normally tests out equipment on tour first before releasing to OTR.  So most retail clubs were tour clubs at first.

•  

Any clue if the grip will be available as a replacement grip?  Wouldn't mind trying it but I don't want to buy a new putter just for the grip!