Forums

Tiger and Sean break up

• 4670 points

Tiger at the moment would be best suited to falling back into his older swing, the more natural one.  One that feels comfortable and that he can trust.  When he trusts his swing, magical things happen.  I don't know that he needs a coach immediately.

•  
    Heard Harmon was even money in Vegas TNT...what odds did you get?
  •  
    12/1 for TW to win at Augusta.. Rory was 5/1!
    • 487 points

I think it would be great if Tiger goes back to Butch Harmon as his coach. From what I've read about Mr. Harmon's coaching style, he has the least 'radical' approach and I believe he is largely in favor of working with what the player already has and not trying to build a new swing altogether. It would be great to see Tiger back in the mix!

• 4670 points

Harmon and Tiger will never happen again.  It'll be interesting to see if he hires a coach or flies solo for a while.  He definitely has the skill and knowledge to fly solo.  No need to find someone who tries change up something that he knows works (which is why I'm hoping he reverts)

•  

There is a song written about this by the great band "Chicago." It had a verse that went; "Does anybody know what time it is? Does anybody really care?"

Pretty much sums it up for me....

• 3580 points

Butch will not want any of the Tiger circus now, Tiger needs to get fully healthy. I don't think he needs a coach full time, just some one to bounce ideas off. He seems really tight with Rory now, maybe he can refer to him.

•  

Hiring Nicklaus or Watson might help him a lot, but Butch Harmon's idea is probably best - Just go out, practice and hit shots. That's how Mr. Hogan did it. Still, it's my guess Tiger's body may not be able to hold up and, there are better golfers coming out every year.

•  
    C'mon Randy, we know you aren't a fan of TW.....

Widely know TW isn't going back to Butch, way too much history there! He needs a coach that can work equally on his psyche!
  •  

Not a TW fan as well, but am a realist.  He is good for the game and for the tour.  One of the best ball striker I've ever seen and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.  He still has a lot to give to the game and I hope his body will give him the opportunity.   I hope he finds what he is looking for.........

• 2282 points

Maybe he should hire Arnold Palmer and here "Tiger, swing your swing!!"  Haha.  He used to just rip it and drain putts, now you can just see the gears grinding in there.  Needs to enjoy the game.  I'm not a big fan either, but golf needs him.  Until another US player becomes a media worthy star he still moves the needle.  No one else gets an automatic update on SportsCenter even if he finished 70th.  

•  

I have not been called by Tiger yet.  The old saying about " to make progress, you must make change".  Don't think Foley was ever the right guy.  Harmon is full of himself, Tiger doesn't need that either.  So who will it be?  Probably a no name that will become a overnight sensation.

• 2282 points

I agree with Hank Haney saying that he needs to get healthy over coaching.  

•  

His main sponsor used to have a commerical, for those who remember, "just do it"........Tiger used to have so much confidence in himself and his game and he just went out and did it.......maybe he is being overcoached and over critized..........he has too much game not to be playing well.........and here we are amateurs trying to figure out what is wrong with probably the worlds greatest golfer's game.....shame on us, but we too are human and like to be armchair critics,coaches.......personally, I would hate to be under the spotlight as much as he is and I'm sure he would like for the critics to talk about someone else every now and then.....we all know that he is going through physical pain, but pain is defined as an annoyance and pain can also be mental........food for thought........I wish him well in finding that spark that brings out "the tiger".....