Forums

PGA Championship

• 2849 points

Even though Rory is still my favorite to win,Friday's performances were enough to keep things interesting and keep me watching for the weekend.  It could be a great couple of days.

I would think that Tiger's performance  knocks him out of The Ryder Cup which is unfortunate.

•  

Rory plays well on soft courses, I am rooting for Ricky.

•  

Most of the pros play well on soft courses when they can fire at the flags......should be a great weekend......even Phil is in range.....the back nine on Sunday should be fun.....can Rory be a back to back PGA winner?

•  

Bernd Wiesberger one behind Rory.....who woulda thunk it......a FJ and Titleist staff player......now we're talking....go Bernd.....  :-)

•  

ChuckZ
    Bernd Wiesberger one behind Rory.....who woulda thunk it......a FJ and Titleist staff player......now we're talking....go Bernd.....  :-)

He is looking good. Let's see if he can close.

•  
    Lame coverage.... Not one swing shown of Stricker!
  •  

I agree and he is such a great ambassador for golf......we have two players in the hunt today and would like to see BOTH of them compete......

• 1347 points

Should be a good Sunday!
  •  

Got to hand it to Rory.  He did what had to be done to win his second major of the year.  Phil gave us a strong showing, but could not quite pull it off.  Rickie continued his exceptional performance in the majors.  Bern Wiesberger fell of the pace early, not really surprising given this was the first major he's made the cut in.  Wish I could have seen more of the tournament, but family visiting limited me except for yesterday.  What I did see left me with a positive impression of the PGA as a major tournament.

•  

Rory had a date with destiny today........Ricky and Phil made a match out of it and we got to see some awfully good golf shots today....think these guys might be ready for a week's rest after this one.....great match.....   :-)  

• 1730 points

I agree Chuck.. had a blast watching the back 9..   Rory is on another level right now..   Felt bad for the last 2 group due to darkness and possible storm..  You could tell Rory was rushing the last hole...  Glad he won though..  

Imagine if Phil hit that eagle on 18..  So darn close...

But why do i have a feeling the media will come out with "Lowest TV rating for PGA Championship..."  To me, I LOVE this kinda golf, down to the wire.. I hate blow outs.  

• 3580 points

Great golf this weekend, anyone who still thinks there is anything wrong with  the PGA Tour  is crazy, great performances from the top of tier guys.

The best player won coming back withstanding gutty performances from  3 different guys, only guy to hit no. 10 green in 2 shots and that turned the tide right there.

•  

ChuckZ
    Rory had a date with destiny today........Ricky and Phil made a match out of it and we got to see some awfully good golf shots today....think these guys might be ready for a week's rest after this one.....great match.....   :-)

I mpressive golf. I liked to see the chemistry between Ricky  and Phil. I hope they are paired together on the Ryder Cup.

•  

Agree, they seemed to be having fun in the heat of a great match.....now that is what golf is all about.....I too think they would make a great pair in Ryder Cup matches......know a lot of people would love to see it.......

•  

They did play well together and really keep the heat on Rory through the end of the match.  It's always exciting when it is a close finish.  It certainly would have been a little bit different if Rory had not made birdie on 17 to give him a cushion going into 18.  Great finish to the tournament and looking forward to the Ryder Cup!