Forums

PGA Championship

• 1979 points

Well it's here, who do you got?  I'm excited to see it being played at Valhalla agin, really love the look of the course.

• 2276 points

It is pretty hard to go against Mcillroy right now!!  The guy is playing a different game than the rest of the field.  I thought it was interested how the camera took the perpective of Rory being about an average of 30-40 yards ahead of Sergio  on his tee shots.  A little gamesmanship it seemed but when Rory is playing like that I'm not sure anyone can chase him down.  

•  

Adam Scott or Steve Sticker would make me happy, but Rory is hot right now.......he sure is hitting the golf ball a long way....you know they say "drive for show putt for dough"......his putting ain't bad either.......

•  
    Want a win by SS, but not enough reps to contend.... Gotta go with the one of the top three youngsters, Fowler, Sergio or Rory.... Fowler is due!
    • 1979 points

TNT009
    Want a win by SS, but not enough reps to contend.... Gotta go with the one of the top three youngsters, Fowler, Sergio or Rory.... Fowler is due!

I'd also like to see Rickie pull through and get his first major this week!

•  

I'm going Fowler after his performance at the Open.  However Sergio & Rory are looking like they'll be in the mix.

Would love to see Strick, Zach J or some other FJ guy holding up the big trophy though!!

• 1587 points

Steve Stricker is my sentimental favorite, but I don't see him being a real contender with his limited starts this year.  Would also like to see Adam Scott or Zach Johnson hoist the trophy.  My dark horse pick is Jim Furyk.  

• 4655 points

Rory and rickie for me.  I don't think sergio has it mentally to win.

•  

I'm going with either Sergio or Rickie...destiny for no other reason

• 554 points

Hard to pick against McIlroy

• 1335 points

I love major championships.
  •  

Clyde Shankmore, a little know club pro out of Somewhere, USA.  Played his way in through a PGA sectional tournament.  Got all the great shots that he will need to win.  He can hit shots not even Bubba will attempt. Some of his best shots are the pulled duck hook, the push slice, the high flubber. the deep fat boy, the topper, and of course his all time favorite, the jumpy nerve putt.  

• 3577 points

Adam is hitting it great not making a lot of putts , I think this is his week to put it all together.

Rory can not have 3 straight weeks of driving the ball that great , can he ?

•  

tee2green
    Adam is hitting it great not making a lot of putts , I think this is his week to put it all together.

Rory can not have 3 straight weeks of driving the ball that great , can he ?

Sure he can.  As of 5pm, EST, August 8, 2014.....of course not all of these pros have finished their rounds, but Rory looks like he could be the second day leader......this guy is a player.........glad to see Stricker playing well........

Rory McIlroy -9

Jim Furyk -8

Ryan Palmer -7

Lee Westwood -7

Jason Day -7

Graham DeLaet -5

Steve Stricker -5

Henrik Stenson -5

Rickie Fowler -5

Victor Dubuisson -5

Edoardo Molinari  -5

Joost Luiten -4