Forums

British,er, the OPEN Championship

•  

I'd love to see Angel take it down too.  He's a big game hunter

•  

Henrik is a good pick as well as Kaymer........think they could be real strong on this course and of course Rose plays this type of course well......if it is windy and raining, the Euros should be heavily favored.......guess my wife will send me to the mancave this weekend........

• 2282 points

ChuckZ
    DB9BoilersI think Spieth, Kuchar and Westwood will all be up there in the hunt.  So hard to pick a winner from week to week but I think these 3 are some of the most consistent out there when it comes to the big stage.  ChuckZNCBobJordan Speith will be my American pick, Kaymer would be my European pick.

I am going with Bob's European pick......da German is playing some good golf.......I think he has to be a favorite......could it be FJ's number Ambassador's time......I always all in with Stricker.......love to see him pick up a major......

I know Chuck I like Stricker also but is he even going to make the trip?  Last week at Greenbriar he was thinking of skipping I think they said.  I would encourage him to play all majors, and with his game I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to he may just win one of them.

Sorry to see Steve is not going.....Kaymer will be tough at the Open......Adam is a good pick also.......

Ya I don't know why Stricker would not try to play as many majors as possible when he is in his prime.  4 weeks out of the year isn't going to hurt family time that much.  To each their own though but for anyone that follows tennis it reminds me of Andre Agassi skipping the Australian Open for years then later kicking himself finding out that was his best major venue.  Stricker's game seems to fit for the Open Championship and US Open majors pretty well.  Oh well I guess but if I were him I would go for the week and just take the family.  Ha.

• 2282 points

ChuckZ
    Henrik is a good pick as well as Kaymer........think they could be real strong on this course and of course Rose plays this type of course well......if it is windy and raining, the Euros should be heavily favored.......guess my wife will send me to the mancave this weekend........

Good points Chuck, I haven't heard what the weather will be doing yet.  Justin Rose coming off of a win could be a good sign for his week this week!!  It should be fun as always!!!

• 1018 points

I think it is going to be a battle between 2 good ol' boys from the south...Cabrera and Scott.

I've got the coffee ready for some early morning viewing.
    • 3580 points

So starting Thursday its up watching at 4:00 am with my boys and then after 9:00 , streaming at work.  No support meetings at work this week so I am able to view most of the Open championship.

Hopefully  a good week for Adam and Zach forthcoming.

•  

Three tournaments in a row for Rose? - must be a chance.

Think McDowell / Stenson / McIllroy have to also be considered although persoanlly hope Scott or Day can contend aswell.

Alot of the US players are in form so should be a great tournament as always especailly if the course remains green and lush as currently reported.

And ... always have a soft spot to TW.

•  

Interesting first round. I did not expect Rory or Tiger to be where they are on the leader board today.

•  

Rory is tearing this tourney up. he has not had a bad break all week though. Scotty got on the wrong side of the draw or he could have contended, too bad he looks in good form.

•  

Like the PGA Championships at Kiawah, Rory is the man......stumbled a little on Sunday but not enough to loose it....one for his mom......maybe he can complete his grandslam in the spring in Augusta........

• 2282 points

Ya I was way off on my predictions.  I thought Spieth, Kuchar and Westwood would contend and all 3 were M.I.A.  Great names at top of leader board and yes Rory looked like he was playing a leisurely round all 4 days.  Pretty impressive and great run on Sunday by Leishman and Adam Scott as they got hot just a little too late!!

•  

CROCMAN
    Three tournaments in a row for Rose? - must be a chance.

Think McDowell / Stenson / McIllroy have to also be considered although persoanlly hope Scott or Day can contend aswell.

Alot of the US players are in form so should be a great tournament as always especailly if the course remains green and lush as currently reported.

And ... always have a soft spot to TW.

Think I had Rory in there somewhere !!!

Great result for this outrageously talented young guy !!!

•  

I really thought Sergio was going to catch him. That said, I'm glad that Rory is back in the winner's circle; just wish it was with FJ/Titelist.

•  

I did not have any of the contenders anywhere on my list of possibles. I like Fowler. He just needs to stand a bit closer the razor in the morning.

• 3580 points

Great playing by Rory , he putted very well. Definitely the most all around talented player on tour. Well deserved.

I do think Adam got hurt by being on the wrong side of the tee times on Thursday and Friday but that's Golf.

He finished very respectfully even though he putted poorly over the first 2 rounds.