Forums

Congressional gets even

• 2758 points

Guess the people at Congressional were tired of hearing how "easy" the set up was for Rory's US open win.  The set up this weekend was the longest and toughest I can remember in long, long time.

Congrats to Justin Rose for being the last man standing.

•  

Absolutely phenomenal golf course.

Recall it was pretty tough too at the 2011 US Open aswell but McIllroy just put it to the sword - similar to Kaymer this year at Pinehurst - and just left all in his wake.

Love seeing the pros play a tough course every now and again to break up from the usual birdie fest ... and, you appreciate more just how good they are because could see myself having PLENTY !!! around there in those conditions.

• 1698 points

As the dust settled there stood a ROSE.

• 2758 points

Very true CROCMAN, there are plenty of birdie fests coming up with the Greenbrier and John Deere  and I am sure the Players love a challenge as it keeps a lot of players in the mix until the very end.

•  

These guys are supposed to be the best and should be playing these course under the best of conditions......should they go out and shoot 10 > under scores each week or should they really be challenged.......for a million plus to the winner each week, I think that they should face a real challenge each week......they stretch the length of the courses the try to make them harder for the pros, but with their lengths most are not really challenged........be fair on the greens but penalize them on wayward shots and make them be creative........with all due respect to those guys I admire and wish I could hit the ball like they do.....what is wrong with even par being a good score or at least one or two under.......

• 2758 points

People like to see birdies and the tour  has enough of those events,  but I have no doubt with this set up the Congressional members wanted to prove a point  that their course is definitely not a patsy but a stern test of golf.