Forums

LPGA Girl Power

•  

Here's to Girl Power - At 11 Years of Age Lucy  Li  makes history as the youngest Qualifier.... .Congrats!

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/lucy-li-youngest-qualifier-for-womens-open1-052014

Get some FJ's on the Girl fast ! Terrific way to capture a new market......

•  

Pushing the limits for sure, GGG.  Does anyone else think that's awfully young to be competing at this level on the national stage?

•  

That is amazing, an 11 year old.

•  
    Nice find 3G.. Good for here, hope her parents keep her grounded!
  •  
    Excellent news: it's lovely that there's some great young talent out there: congratulations Lucy a golfing career beckons.
    • 5050 points

I guess she's a few months older than Lexi Thompson was when she qualified. Hopefully she can follow her example.
    • 1776 points

Absolutely amazing.

• 5062 points

Impressive.

• 2960 points

I don't see how it can be anything but a wonderful experience regardless of your age. Now for an 11 year old to do it that is off the charts impressive. Hope she takes time to soak it all in ,

•  

We had the opportunity to see her play in Charleston at the Women's US Amateur last year.  Outstanding upcoming golfer.    

•  

Yes, an amazing story. But an 11 year old being put on this stage is not something I am fond of. Too much that can/will get sideways, regardless of how grounded she and her parents are....

• 4345 points

Im on the fence about whether or not it'll be too much.

I think the experience will be wonderful for her.  But I think her family needs to make sure they aren't pushing her into events like this or trying to push her into michelle wie territory.  We all saw how well that went and how long it took her to sort of normalize her life and start to get her game back.

•  

I really don't know what to make of this.  On the one had, the thing I like about competitive golf, it's how you play.  Doesn't matter if the coach likes you or not, if you shoot the lowest score, you play.  And she earned what she got.  On the other hand, is this too young for someone to be put on that stage?  I don't know.  A lot could go wrong, but at the same time, a lot could go right.

I'm also not sure what this says about women's golf.  Not only did she qualify, but she won the qualifier by 7 shots.  And it's not like she went real low.  She earned it, but I wonder if maybe the qualifying process is a little flawed.

•  

etakmit
    Im on the fence about whether or not it'll be too much.

I think the experience will be wonderful for her.  But I think her family needs to make sure they aren't pushing her into events like this or trying to push her into michelle wie territory.  We all saw how well that went and how long it took her to sort of normalize her life and start to get her game back.

Excellent point.