Forums

Congrats Anirban Lahiri -- Winner of the 2014 CIMB Indonesia Masters

• 4925 points

Lahiri won the CIMB Indonesian Masters this past weekend and is now 67th in the World Rankings! I've gotten to know this fine player over here in India and wish him the best.  

He's really humble and an all-around great guy -- lost a few bucks to him a few weeks ago.  I'm really hoping he can crack the top 60 and qualify for the US/British Open's and the PGA. If he does, I'm definitely making a quick trip back to the States to support this great guy. While he plays Srixon irons/balls he does where FJ shoes.

This is a pic of him just after he sunk his 20' putt to win the tournament by 1 stroke. He needed a birdie to force a playoff but ended with something better!

• 1698 points

Sounds like he is someone to watch.

•  

Great result for Lahiri BUT it was at the expense of another great young Aussie prospect Cameron Smith in only his second tournament.

Great putt to finish and can only imagine that an awesome feeling to Eagle the last to win the tournament.

• 4925 points

GolfGuyInTx
    Sounds like he is someone to watch.

I think so. He was really solid in the EurAsia Cup and beat a few top 50 players straight up and he was in the final pairing with Sergio and Stenson at the CIMB Malaysian about 6 months ago. He is definitely on an upward trajectory.

@Croc -- I watched Smith in the final round and he looked a bit shell shocked at times. He's definitely a promising talent and I think that being in the lead a few more times will give him the experience he needs to win/close.