Forums

Lost in the discussions - Jonas Blixt

• 2485 points

Here is a player that seems to be forgotten in all the discussions of The Masters.  He played well and is also a rookie. A 2nd place tie was very commendable.  He looks pretty solid. In 3 majors he has a third and 2 seconds.  I think we will see more of him.  Could be interesting come Ryder Cup with Blixt and Speith maybe doing battle.    

• 4922 points

Fun to watch Blixt play -- not the longest hitter but aggressive and creative. That said, unless he wins an event or two before the end of August,  it's going to be pretty tough for him to qualify for the Ryder Cup team out right.

• 1686 points

Blixt will be in the mix in the future for sure.

•  

miniwarmth
    Fun to watch Blixt play -- not the longest hitter but aggressive and creative. That said, unless he wins an event or two before the end of August,  it's going to be pretty tough for him to qualify for the Ryder Cup team out right.

I bet he makes it though

•  

Sounded very impressive in his press conference on Sunday and said he picked up a fair bit after a practice round with Crenshaw.

Sounds like he loves the tougher courses so keep an eye out for him at the remained of the majors this year.

•  

He really made a run at it while the majority were focusing on Speith and Bubba so it was a it overshadowed, in my opinion.  Glad to see another good finish for him.

• 4180 points

I disagree with lost in the discussion.  I saw and heard him mentioned many times when talking about the contenders.  However I'm not surprised that in the heat of the moment he wasn't picked out.  That's ok though.  He'll be around for a long time and I think on the maturity side he's right up there with Spieth.  

• 2749 points

Very nice short game, has closed when he had the chance in regular tour events. He should be able to gain some confidence moving forward.