Forums

Kevin Na

•  

Andrew Loupe makes Keegan look downright quick

Sorry to hear Kevin NA say to Dan Hicks, he is getting used to the heckling.people should just let him play.

•  

wwhitehead
    Na looks quick next to Andrew Loupe.

WW

I agree! I heard Johnny Miller say that if he had to watch this guy every day, he'd quite broadcasting.

•  

Oop...typo. Should have been 'quit'.

•  

I read an article about Na and slow play and they said he's not the slowest player on tour.  They mentioned a handful of guys who were much slower.  But they said because of the way Na plays, it's hard for the TV producers to judge when to cut to him.  They said Furyk is slower, but they know not to cut to him until after he has gone through all of his extra "stuff."  So to the average TV viewer, they don't realize Furyk is slow but can see Na back off shots.

•  

Furyk, yes... love him, but painful to wait on his shot on tv.  I guess the difference is that I'm not a fan of Na.  Not a hate-- he played pretty good at Valero but other players were more interesting to see play... Loupe was slow and had a different swing... hits it a mile.

•  

tdogg21
    I read an article about Na and slow play and they said he's not the slowest player on tour.  They mentioned a handful of guys who were much slower.  But they said because of the way Na plays, it's hard for the TV producers to judge when to cut to him.  They said Furyk is slower, but they know not to cut to him until after he has gone through all of his extra "stuff."  So to the average TV viewer, they don't realize Furyk is slow but can see Na back off shots.

I walked with Furyk in Hawaii and vowed never to do so again. I would honestly walk off if I was ever paired with him. I am sure he is a nice guy and would beat me for sure, but his routine in real time bugged the heck out of me.

TV does Furyk a huge favor

• 5856 points

RANDYWILDMAN
    tdogg21I read an article about Na and slow play and they said he's not the slowest player on tour.  They mentioned a handful of guys who were much slower.  But they said because of the way Na plays, it's hard for the TV producers to judge when to cut to him.  They said Furyk is slower, but they know not to cut to him until after he has gone through all of his extra "stuff."  So to the average TV viewer, they don't realize Furyk is slow but can see Na back off shots.

I walked with Furyk in Hawaii and vowed never to do so again. I would honestly walk off if I was ever paired with him. I am sure he is a nice guy and would beat me for sure, but his routine in real time bugged the heck out of me.

TV does Furyk a huge favor

I walked with Keegan last year at the Byron Nelson...ouch! I wouldn't do it again. I am proponent of the Pro golfers doing what they need to do to be successful on the course. There some guys that are just hard to watch.

•  

miniwarmth

I agree! I heard Johnny Miller say that if he had to watch this guy every day, he'd quite broadcasting.

I think we may be on to something here!  We should make sure Kevin Na spends more time in front of Johnny Miller!

•  

Mike_C
    miniwarmth

I think we may be on to something here!  We should make sure Kevin Na spends more time in front of Johnny Miller!

except he was talking about Andrew Loupe.

•  

wwhitehead
    Na looks quick next to Andrew Loupe.

WW

I HEAR THAT!