Forums

Kevin Na

• 4905 points

Nice to see Kevin playing well. I thought the Grip Regrip Monkey was going to kill his career.

•  

As long as he keeps up... Good for him!

•  

And Robert Garrigus has to play with him again today.  Hope the slow play does not affect Robert's ability to hold on to the lead.  Na knows how to play the slow play game to his advantage.  The tour needs to step to the plate.  

•  

I like him much better now that he's using an abbreviated pre shot routine.

•  

Nice to see him fighting through it.  His slow play doesn't bother me nearly as much as the guys who are slow because they have some insane pre-shot routine, or spend way too much time lining up their shot.

•  

He's still way too slow as a player.

• 4905 points

I am Ok with slow play. The grip regrip was annoying though.

• 4943 points

I watched parts of Rnd 4 and didn't feel that Na was that slow. However it's tough to assess when the cameras keep switching to other groups. That said, Senden appeared to have a much longer routine.

I've played tournaments with a really slow player. His pre-shot routine was painful to watch. It completely upset my rhythm and flow and my scores for those rounds were terrible.   The other players in the group were going nuts but this guy wouldn't change. Still can't understand why the tournament refs didn't assess penalties.

• 859 points

I can't watch him. He's a human rain delay.

• 2770 points

Na has improved a little bit he was dreadfully slow before, he used take like 5 practice swings, step up to the ball then back off. He seemed a little quicker and played in less than 4 hours, Garigus spent the weekend hitting from the woods so that slowed him down as well.

•  

Glad that he is playing better but I have to jump on the bandwagon that he is way too slow.  I think it would drive me nuts to play with a player like that in a competitive situation.  I have to give him credit for picking up the pace once he was placed on the clock.

• 4905 points

The Tour needs to change or enforce the rules. I would play at whatever speed I was comfortable with. The cost of dropping a stroke by hurrying my shot in a tournament could be inside the cut line or out, or tens and maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars. Hurry my shot no way.

•  

I think Keegan Bradley's pre-shot routine is much longer than Na's.  Na's problem is when he can't pull the trigger.  But it seems like that's not happening very often right now.  But like some others said, it's sometimes difficult to tell exactly how fast or slow someone is from watching on TV.

I'd like to see the PGA Tour release a list with everyone's times for their round.  Pretty much everyone should be just about the same, but it would be interesting to see if there are any outliers.

• 657 points

I agree with what others have said.  Na is certainly slow but so is Keegan and he gets away with it.  

• 503 points

Na looks quick next to Andrew Loupe.

WW