Forums

Rory

• 5483 points

Looks like he found his form this week. Let's see if he can close.

•  

Mark you are right.....he is playing awfully good at this point......said he felt pretty good in his interview on Thursday....like to see the young lad peak......

•  

Actually, I would like to see him finish strong, but there are three from Nationwide tour championships players pushing him that I am pulling for as well.  Vegas got his card in 2010, Henley and Knox in 2011, when the "The 25" was played in Charleston.  Really enjoyed working as a volunteer the three years it was here.  Was able to see some awesome players.  

• 619 points

He's been in control all four days... hoping he can close it out.

• 5483 points

I think he showed that he has control of his game. He looks very fit.

• 3100 points

He didn't win but hit one of the best shots under pressure you will ever see.

ftw.usatoday.com/.../rory-mcilroy-honda-classic-par-5-gif-shot

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    Looks like he found his form this week. Let's see if he can close.

Not so much......

• 4480 points

Looks like his game is coming back.  However, it looks like his mental game might still be a bit behind.  I'm not sure if he wilted under the pressure, or let bad swing thoughts creep in, but the end of that final round was just UGLY.  Come on Rory, clean it up.

• 719 points

He looked strong through 68 holes, then lost it. I think he pushed too hard to try to distance himselt, and adrenaline kicking during the last few holes. He admitted when he lost the Masters, he tried to push it. I think he needs to just play his game, and play safe when he's ahead.

• 3100 points

He looks great Physically and that course just amplifies final round pressure.He keeps putting himself in contention he will win a couple this year. Immense talent, and very honest about his shortcomings after his round.

He will absolutely be a favorite come Augusta........still going with Scotty to repeat though.

• 619 points

wow - shocked he collapsed like this.  Hope he is mentally strong enough to not let this get into a tail spin!

•  

Maturity ????  In my opinion he is very talented but overrated.  He is not a complete package.  Too many things going wrong for the young man.

•  

Two Majors IMO isn't overrated.... The way he bounced back after being in The Cabins at Augusta showed his maturity.. Immelmann, Cambell or Keegan, now that's Overrated!

• 5483 points

NCBob
    Maturity ????  In my opinion he is very talented but overrated.  He is not a complete package.  Too many things going wrong for the young man.

I agree. A few more years, a few more scrapes. He has a great game; just needs to age a bit.

• 619 points

Very good player -- still needs to learn to win consistently... he will be fine.