Forums

TW THIS WEEK

•  

Anyone willing to tip the great one will register a "W" this week.

Apparenty only two rounds on the PGA tour this year so will be interesting to see how he goes at the Honda.

• 5065 points

He plays well on that course. If he putts well he wins. I think he should go back to his Scotty putter.

•  

Long debated.. He's not going back to his scotty..

• 1936 points

Scotty would have to fork over a boat load of money for that.   Not happening...

• 4351 points

He also plays Torrey well and we saw what happened there.  I think he really just started the season off very unprepared and thats why he took the match play off.  Extra time to hone his game.  This could go well for him, we'll just have to see if he improved his preparation.

• 1836 points

I'm wondering if his layoff is again injury related and that's led to his issues at Torrey.  Which he is usually loathe to say that he is nursing an injury.  That said, I'd never count him out.  He reminds me of Michael Jordan.  There is always something he'll pull out to amaze you.

•  

Dirt4900
    Scotty would have to fork over a boat load of money for that.   Not happening...

Scotty ain't paying nothing..... But 18 Majors does say something!

•  

I'm always fascinated by the weekly posts, both here and amongst the larger golf press corps, all debating "What will TW do?" I find it both interesting, and frankly boring, because I couldn't care less if he plays or not. Yeah, "greatest of all time" (not) and "made professional golf what it is today" (debatable), and "most dominant player" (of this generation, probably"......

There are lots of really wonderful players out on course this week. Several with great chances to win. I will be watching regardless of if TW is in or out.  

•  

TW will really have to step up his game from what we saw earlier in the year... needless to say, he was not one of my picks in the fantasy league this week.  Hopefully I am not eating crow at the end of the week!

•  

From the results of yesterday's round TW better have an awesome round today.  Eight strokes out after day one a long way to go on this monster course.  Just might might be Rory's week.  Even Tommy "two gloves" played well yesterday, but he just seems to fade on Fridays.  We in SC always have hope for Tommy.....  

•  

TNT009
    Dirt4900Scotty would have to fork over a boat load of money for that.   Not happening...

Scotty ain't paying nothing..... But 18 Majors does say something!

Scotty paid him in majors!

•  

Tar Heel
    I'm always fascinated by the weekly posts, both here and amongst the larger golf press corps, all debating "What will TW do?" I find it both interesting, and frankly boring, because I couldn't care less if he plays or not. Yeah, "greatest of all time" (not) and "made professional golf what it is today" (debatable), and "most dominant player" (of this generation, probably"......

There are lots of really wonderful players out on course this week. Several with great chances to win. I will be watching regardless of if TW is in or out.

I agree with almost all of what you say.  I don't care if he plays or not.  I enjoy watching him and I like the excitement when he is in contention.  But what last weeks match play final less exciting because Tiger wasn't in it??  If people aren't watching because Tiger isn't playing, they're the ones losing out.

Now I think you could debate him being the greatest of all time.  But not for a few more years.  He's not there yet, but close enough he could still get there.  I do think he's the most dominant player of this generation and I think he made professional golf what it is today.  It's hard to debate the increase in winnings since he came on to the tour.

• 2963 points

I am not a huge  TW fan but the guy has to be respected for his amazing on course accomplishments. He helped the sport grow and without question one of the top 3 or 4 players of all time.

But I tune in for the love of the game not for any one player, as the saying goes " these guy's are good ". I like to watch the best in the world play. To me its idiotic to try and compare todays players against guy's who used balata balls and persimmon clubs.

Just enjoy the sport no matter who is playing.

•  

"There are lots of really wonderful players out on course this week. Several with great chances to win. I will be watching regardless of if TW is in or out."

Exactly.

• 2507 points

tdogg21

Tar Heel

I agree with almost all of what you say.  I don't care if he plays or not.  I enjoy watching him and I like the excitement when he is in contention.  But what last weeks match play final less exciting because Tiger wasn't in it??  If people aren't watching because Tiger isn't playing, they're the ones losing out.

Now I think you could debate him being the greatest of all time.  But not for a few more years.  He's not there yet, but close enough he could still get there.  I do think he's the most dominant player of this generation and I think he made professional golf what it is today.  It's hard to debate the increase in winnings since he came on to the tour.

I am a Tiger fan but agree that if he is not playing I will still watch as the tour has so many good players and this weeks field is strong even without him.  I like to see the other guys and really want an exciting close event.  last sunday as well as the match play was exciting.  that said even as guys were struggling on the back nine of the honda.