Forums

Ryder Cup Captains

•  

I applaud Tom Watson for picking Raymond Floyd as one of his assistants.  It appears that he is going for strong experienced leadership going into the Ryder Cup.  The team itself is looking strong at this time and I am looking forward to the event.  

• 716 points

And if the audience doesn't quiet down for Team USA putts, Floyd can give them the "stare".

•  

Tom is being very methodical, as one would expect, in his preparations. I think he's going to really have a strong team with lots of surprises this year.

•  

Randy, I agree and think his captains picks will be very interesting......

•  

Need a good mixture of vets and youth.... Really need great putters!

•  

One thing for sure Raymond can teach the younger players how to knock back a few

•  

Got to agree with Randy.  Lots of surprises will be on the team this year.  I also believe TW and RF are going to have some really tough decisions regarding Captains' Choices this year.  Sure to be some controversy.

•  

Controversy be darned, let's go to win this thing......it's about time we pick with our head instead of our heart.......heard today on the golf channel that when Ray came at the young players with that stare, he would get their attention and they would know he means business.....Lanny Watkins was talking about his dedication to winning.......  :-)

• 2966 points

Mr. Floyd. Knows how to win and is a no nonsense guy .  Great choice

• 4351 points

Yep definitely loving that choice.  I can't wait to see the selections.

•  

Great to see the addtion of Ray Flyod.  The depth and experience he will bring to the Capt should be just what the Dr. ordered to get this cup back in the US.

• 2509 points

how many more captains will there be -- has two with Andy North named earlier and now Raymond Floyd.  I also hope that some of these new names continue to be hot and do not flame out by the fall when the Ryder Cup matches take place.  It seems its tough to maintain momentum on tour.  Not sure I will worry about Jordan Speith as he has been holding his own so to speak for over a year.