Forums

Stacy Lewis and new shoes

• 2801 points

Interesting little story  - http://golfweek.com/news/2014/jan/25/lpga-bahamas-classic-rd-3-na-yeon-choi/

"3. THEY COST HOW MUCH? Stacy Lewis needed an emergency pair of golf shoes after the pump broke on her new FootJoys. Because another pair couldn’t be shipped to her in time, she went into the pro shop at the Ocean Club and bought a new pair. The price: $337.

“Someone said, ‘You could fly to Miami and back and get golf shoes cheaper than that,” Lewis said with a laugh.

Island livin’ ain’t cheap."

I would bet that while it makes a good story she won't be paying for the new shoes.   Also I assume the shoes were BOA and not some type of "pump" or else there is another new shoe out there.  That is a heck of a markup to $337 on a $180 retail shoe.  

•  

Surprising that she only carries one pair of shoes for a tournament.

•  

Wow! Imagine what we'd do if that had happened to one of us? We'd have to "Pony Up" $337.

•  

fredcloss
    Wow! Imagine what we'd do if that had happened to one of us? We'd have to "Pony Up" $337.

I'd play in flip flops before I pay double on a pair of shoes.

• 4586 points

I agree with mini in that I'm surprised she only had one pair of shoes with her.  Either way, that would definitely suck if that happened.

•  

tdogg21
    fredclossWow! Imagine what we'd do if that had happened to one of us? We'd have to "Pony Up" $337.

If it is your job you wouldn't!

• 2075 points

Big surprise she only carries 1 pair!    Totally agree with Devin on the flip flops or even the price of the shoes.   If thats your job (and its a pretty darn sweet one), youll pony up whatever it takes.  

•  

Well, we might get reimbursed if they were BOA laces. Ten again, Stacy could sign them and sell them on ebay for a huge chunk of change.

•  

tdogg21
    fredclossWow! Imagine what we'd do if that had happened to one of us? We'd have to "Pony Up" $337.

Doubt that they would allow you to play in flip flops on that course....anything off shore costs more at the resorts.....supply and demand.........  :-)

•  

WOW...only 1 pair of shoes...wonder why that would be...

And like DG said...you'd pay what you needed to pay for your job!!!

• 5826 points

Mondo

If I got to the course and had no shoes or they were not wearable I would just pay the Piper and play on. I flew up to play a tournament in Hersey, PA landed at the Baltimore airport .... no luggage including my clubs. Last flight of the day. "We will courier your luggage and clubs to your hotel" No surprise that they did not get there in time. Rented clubs and bought a new outfit at the course including shoes.

•  

Mondo

Alot of the LPGA Tour players wear a plain white shoe and that is all they will wear.  You do not see as many wild combinations on the LPGA as the PGA Tour.

It's a little funny but the guys on tour are more adept at matching shoes to outfits.  Traveling with several pairs of shoes is also a hassle at times.  

•  

Devin_Gmitter
      Traveling with several pairs of shoes is also a hassle at times.  

Just takes proper planning and the commitment to have different shoes for each day of play.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    MondoWOW...only 1 pair of shoes...wonder why that would be...

And like DG said...you'd pay what you needed to pay for your job!!!  Alot of the LPGA Tour players wear a plain white shoe and that is all they will wear.  You do not see as many wild combinations on the LPGA as the PGA Tour.

It's a little funny but the guys on tour are more adept at matching shoes to outfits.  Traveling with several pairs of shoes is also a hassle at times.

From what I've seen, only that competitor out there really has players who do more outfit/shoe matching. Seems to be a staple with Gulbis and Creamer, but not others.....

As Bobby says, just a little planning in advance, or garanimals closet set up!

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    tdogg21fredclossWow! Imagine what we'd do if that had happened to one of us? We'd have to "Pony Up" $337.

I'd play in flip flops before I pay double on a pair of shoes.  If it is your job you wouldn't!

If it was my job I would be a little more prepared!