Forums

Head Golf Professional- Framers Insurance Open

•  

The head pro from my club qualified and will tee it up this weekend at the Farmers Insurance Open. Here the article on his qualifier, where one spot was available and Michael won it in a playoff....

calgolfnews.com/.../michael-block-qualifies-for-farmers-insurance-open.html

•  

That's great news, Randy.  Are you going to go down and root him on?  I'm always happy to see local pros make it into Tour events.

•  

Awesome and I know that the membership is extremely proud of Michael.  Are you going to watch him play?  Think you can change his wardrobe and shoes?  See he is on staff for the other guys......  Again, outstanding accomplishment.  

•  

I wish him luck. I see he has a 9:50 tee time, 10th tee, Torrey Pines South.

•  

It's always nice to see someone make the grade and give it a shot at going for the gold, so to speak. Wish him the best and will watch for him this week in the tournament. And Randy, hope you get to go and see him play. That, my friend, would be the icing on the cake.

•  

Very cool...it is amazing how many great club pros there are around the country!

• 4743 points

Good for him. Most of the Club Pros I know don't get to play enough to be at their best and shoot such low scores.

•  

Morning folks. Going to try to make it down this weekend to see Michael if he makes the cut. Cannot go during the week due to the proverbial work commitments unfortunately.

For those that asked, yes, Michael and our entire club are "3 stripes" players. The only thing I can get them to carry in the clubhouse are gloves plus some Titleist hats and balls. I will tell you though, Michael has some FJ Classics in his office, and in private moments away from prying ears, he has confided that he really loved FJ shoes. Who doesn't!

I work them over every weekend and will of course keep pushing for the FJ apparel to make it in!

•  

Randy, is he playing at the Club Professionals Championships at Myrtle Beach this year?

• 2723 points

Good luck to him, from the article it's obvious he is a heck of a player.

•  

We will all be rooting for him to make the cut.  Fun for your club.

• 4180 points

That's awesome!  Looks like he shot 2-over on the harder of the two courses.  With any luck he'll have an easier go of it today and get himself into the mix!

•  

ChuckZ
    Randy, is he playing at the Club Professionals Championships at Myrtle Beach this year?

Not sure Chuck. I will ask him when I see him next.

•  

Wish him luck TH!

•  

Tar Heel
    ChuckZRandy, is he playing at the Club Professionals Championships at Myrtle Beach this year?

Not sure Chuck. I will ask him when I see him next.

About two hours from here and would love to go up and follow him.  They used to play it at the Ocean Course in Charleston.  Was asked to work the tournament and could not see the two hour drive everyday.  Working the tournaments are not as much fun as they used to be.  Maybe the age thing is catching.  Let me know and thanks.....the best of luck to him day...not bad outing on first day on the toughest course......like to see him make the cut.......